In the name of God, the Almighty, the Most Merciful
1. H. M.
2. A revelation from the Almighty, Most Merciful.
3. A scripture whose verses are detailed, a Quran in Arabic, for a people who know.
4. A bearer of good news, and a warner. But most of them turn away; they do not hear.
5. And they said: “Our hearts are sealed from what you invite us to, and in our ears is a deafness, and there is a barrier between us and you. So do what you will, and so will we.”
6. Say: “I am no more than a human being like you, who is being inspired that your god is one god, therefore you shall be upright towards Him and ask His forgiveness. And woe to those who set up partners.”
7. “The ones who do not contribute towards betterment, and with regard to the Hereafter, they are disbelievers.”
8. Surely, those who believe and do good works, they will receive a well deserved recompense.
9. Say: “You are rejecting the One who created the earth in two days, and you set up equals with Him. This is Lord of the worlds.”
10. And He placed in it stabilizers from above it, and He blessed it and established its provisions in four days, to satisfy the needs of all its inhabitants.
11. Then He settled to the heaven, while it was still smoke, and He said to it, and to the earth: “Come willingly or unwillingly.” They said: “We come willingly.”
12. Thus, He then made them into seven heavens in two days, and He inspired to every heaven its laws. And We adorned the lowest heaven with lamps, and for protection. Such is the design of the Noble, the Knowledgeable.
13. Thus, if they turn away, then say: “I am warning you of a destruction like the destruction of ‘Aad and Thamud.”
14. For their messengers came to them in their presence and behind them, saying: “You shall not serve except God.” They said: “Had our Lord willed, He would have sent Angels. We are disbelievers in what you have been sent with.”
15. As for ‘Aad, they turned arrogant on earth, without any right, and they said: “Who is more powerful than we?” Did they not see that God, who created them, is more powerful than they? And they were unappreciative of Our revelations.
16. Consequently, We sent upon them violent wind, for a few miserable days. We thus afflicted them with humiliating retribution in this life, and the retribution of the Hereafter is more humiliating; they can never win.
17. And as for Thamud, We provided them with guidance, but they preferred blindness over guidance. Consequently, the noise of shameful retribution annihilated them, because of what they earned.
18. And We saved those who believed and were righteous.
19. And the day when the enemies of God will be gathered to the Fire, forcibly.
20. Until they come to it, their own hearing, eyes, and skins will bear witness to everything they had done.
21. And they will say to their skins: “Why did you bear witness against us?” They will reply: “God made us speak; He is the One who causes everything to speak. He is the One who created you the first time, and to Him you return.”
22. And there was no way you could hide from the testimony of your own hearing, your eyes, or your skins. In fact, you thought that God was unaware of much of what you do.
23. And this kind of thinking about your Lord has caused you to fall, and then you become losers.
24. If they wait, then the Fire will be their destiny, and if they make up excuses, they will not be excused.
25. And We assigned to them companions who adorn everything they do now and later. Thus, the retribution has come against them the same as previous nations of Jinn and humans; all of them were losers.
26. And those who rejected said: “Do not listen to this Quran and make commotion in it that you may win.”
27. We will let those who have rejected taste a severe retribution. And We will recompense them for their evil works.
28. Such is the recompense for God’s enemies; the Fire shall be their eternal abode. Such is the recompense for their discarding Our revelations.
29. And those who have rejected will say: “Our Lord, show us those who have misled us from among the Jinn and humans so we can trample them under our feet, and render them the lowliest.”
30. Surely, those who have said: “Our Lord is God”, then they lead a righteous life, the Angels will descend upon them: “You shall not fear, nor shall you grieve. Rejoice in the good news of Paradise that you have been promised.”
31. “We are your allies in this life and in the Hereafter. You will have in it anything you desire, you will have anything you ask for.”
32. “An abode, from a Forgiver, Most Merciful.”
33. And who is better in saying than one who invites to God, and does good works, and says: “I am one of those who have surrendered.”
34. Not equal is the good and the bad response. You shall resort to one which is better. Thus, the one who used to be your enemy, may become your best friend.
35. And none can attain this except those who are patient. And none can attain this except those who are extremely fortunate.
36. And if the devil misleads you in anything, then you shall seek refuge with God. He is the Hearer, the Knowledgeable.
37. And from among His signs are the night and the day, and the sun and the moon. Do not submit to the sun, nor the moon; you shall submit to God who created them, if it is truly Him you serve.
38. So, if they become arrogant, then those who are with your Lord glorify Him night and day, without ever tiring.
39. And from among His signs is that you see the land still, then, as soon as We send down the water upon it, it shakes and grows. Surely, the One who revived it can revive the dead. He is capable of all things.
40. Surely, those who distort Our revelations are not hidden from Us. Is one who is thrown into Hell better, or one who comes secure on the Day of Resurrection? Do whatever you wish; He is Seer of everything you do.
41. Surely, those who have rejected the Reminder when it came to them; and it is an Honourable Scripture.
42. No falsehood could enter it, presently or afterwards; a revelation from a Most Wise, Praiseworthy.
43. What is being said to you is the same that was said to the messengers before you. Your Lord has forgiveness, and a painful retribution.
44. And had We made it a non-Arabic Quran, they would have said: “If only its verses were made clear!” Non-Arabic or Arabic, say: “For those who believe, it is a guide and healing. As for those who disbelieve, there is a deafness in their ears, and they are blind to it. These will be called from a place far away”
45. And We have given Moses the scripture and it was disputed therein. And had it not been for your Lord’s predetermined decision, they would have been judged immediately. Indeed, they harbour many doubts about it.
46. Whoever does good works does so for his own soul, and whoever works evil shall have the same. Your Lord does not wrong the servants.
47. To Him belongs the knowledge regarding the Hour. And no fruits emerge from their sheaths, nor does any female conceive or give birth, except by His knowledge. And on the day He asks them: “Where are My partners?” They will say: “By your leave, none of us will testify to that.”
48. And they were abandoned by that which they used to call on before, and they realised that there will be no escape.
49. The human being never tires of imploring for good things. But if adversity touches him, he gives-up, desperate!
50. And when We let him taste a mercy from us after adversity had touched him, he will say: “This is by my own doing, and I do not think that the Hour will come to pass. And even if I am returned to my Lord, I will find at Him good things for me.” Surely, We will inform the rejecters of all they had done, and We will let them taste the severe retribution.
51. And when We bless the human being, he turns away, and gives credit to himself, and when he suffers any adversity, he implores loudly.
52. Say: “Do you see if this was from God and then you rejected it? Who is further astray than those who decide to oppose this?”
53. We will show them Our signs in the horizons, and within themselves, until it becomes clear to them that this is the truth. Is it not enough that your Lord is witness over all things?
54. Indeed, they are doubtful about meeting their Lord. He is encompassing all things.
In the name of God, the Almighty, the Most Merciful
1. H. M.
2. A’. S. Q.
3. Similarly, inspiring you and those before you, is God, the Noble, the Wise.
4. To Him belongs all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth, and He is the Most High, the Great.
5. The heavens would nearly shatter from above them, and the Angels praise the glory of their Lord, and they ask forgiveness for those on earth. Surely, God is the Forgiver, the Merciful.
6. And those who take allies besides Him, God is responsible them; and you are not a guardian over them.
7. And thus We have inspired to you an Arabic Quran, so that you may warn the capital town and all around it, and to warn about the Day of Summoning that is inevitable. A group will be in Paradise, and a group in Hell.
8. And had God willed, He could have made them one nation. But He admits whom He wills into His mercy. And the transgressors will have neither an ally, nor helper.
9. Or have they taken allies besides God? But God is the ally, and He is the One who resurrects the dead, and He is able to do all things.
10. And anything you dispute in, then its judgment shall be taken to God. Such is God my Lord. In Him I put my trust, and to Him I repent.
11. Initiator of the heavens and the earth. He created for you from among yourselves mates, and also mates for the livestock so they may multiply. There is nothing like unto Him. He is the Hearer, the Seer.
12. To Him belongs the possessions of the heavens and the earth. He spreads out the provision for whomever He wills, and He measures it. He is fully aware of all things.
13. He has decreed for you the same system He ordained for Noah, and what We inspired to you, and what We ordained for Abraham, Moses, and Jesus: “You shall uphold this system, and do not divide it.” Intolerable for those who have set up partners is what you invite them towards. God chooses to Himself whomever He wills; He guides to Himself those who repent.
14. And they only divided after the knowledge had come to them, due to resentment among themselves. And had it not been for a predetermined decision from your Lord, they would have been judged immediately. Indeed, those who inherited the scripture after them are full of doubts.
15. For that, you shall preach and be upright, as you have been commanded, and do not follow their wishes. And say: “I believe in all that God has sent down from scripture, and I was commanded to be just between you. God is our Lord and your Lord. We have our deeds and you have your deeds. There is no argument between us and you. God will gather us all together, and to Him is the ultimate destiny.”
16. And those who debate about God, after they had been answered, their argument is nullified at their Lord. They have incurred condemnation, and have deserved a severe retribution.
17. God is the One who sent down the scripture with truth, and the balance. And for all that you know, the Hour may be very close.
18. Those who do not believe in it seek to hasten it, while those who believe are concerned about it, and they know that it is the truth. Certainly, those who dispute the Hour have gone far astray.
19. God is Gracious to His servants; He gives provisions for whomever He wills, and He is the Powerful, the Noble.
20. Whoever desires the harvest of the next world, We will increase for him his harvest. And whoever seeks the harvest of this world, We will give him therefrom, and he will have no share in the Hereafter.
21. Or do they have partners who decree for them a system which has not been authorized by God? And if it were not for the predetermined decision, they would have been judged immediately. Indeed, the transgressors will have a painful retribution.
22. You see the transgressors worried because of what they had done; and it will surely come back at them. As for those who believed and do good works, they will be in the gardens of Paradise, having in it what they wish from their Lord. This is the great blessing.
23. This is the good news from God to His servants who believe and do good works. Say: “I do not ask you for any wage, except that you show compassion to your relatives.” And whosoever earns a good deed, We shall increase it for him in goodness. Surely, God is Forgiving, Appreciative.
24. Or do they say: “He has fabricated lies about God!” If God willed, He could have sealed your heart. And God erases the falsehood and affirms the truth with His words. He is fully aware of what is inside the chests.
25. And He is the One who accepts the repentance from His servants, and He forgives the sins. He is fully aware of what you do.
26. And those that believe and do good works respond to Him, and He increases for them His blessings. As for the rejecters, they have incurred a severe retribution.
27. And if God were to increase the provision for His servants, they would transgress on earth; but He sends down what He wills in a measure. He is Expert and Seer of His servants.
28. And He is the One who sends down the rain after they had despaired, and spreads His mercy. He is the Supporter, the Praiseworthy.
29. And from among His signs is the creation of the heavens and the earth, and the creatures He spread in them. And He is able to summon them, if He wills.
30. And any misfortune that happens to you is a consequence of what your hands have earned. And He overlooks much.
31. And you can never escape, and you have none beside God as an ally or helper.
32. And from His signs are the ships that sail the sea like flags.
33. If He willed, He could have stilled the winds, leaving them motionless on top of the water. In that are signs for every one who is patient, appreciative.
34. Or He may drown them, for what they have earned. And He overlooks much.
35. And those who dispute in Our signs may know that they have no place to hide.
36. So whatever you are given is simply an enjoyment of the worldly life, and what is with God is far better and everlasting for those who believe and put their trust in their Lord.
37. And those who avoid gross sins and lewdness, and when they are angered, they forgive.
38. And those who have responded to their Lord, and they establish the assembly, and their affairs are conducted by mutual consultation among themselves, and from Our provisions to them they give.
39. And those who, when gross injustice befalls them, they seek justice.
40. The recompense for evil is evil like it, but whoever forgives and makes right, then his reward is upon God. He does not like the wrongdoers.
41. And for any who demand action after being wronged, those are not committing any error.
42. The error is upon those who oppress the people, and they aggress in the land without cause. For these will be a painful retribution.
43. And for he who is patient and forgives, then that is an indication of strength.
44. And whomever God sends astray will not have any ally after Him. And you will see the transgressors, when they see the retribution, saying: “Is there any way we can go back?”
45. And you will see them being displayed to it, humiliated and debased, and looking, without trying to be seen. And those who believed will say: “The losers are those who lost their souls and their families on the Day of Resurrection. The transgressors will be in a lasting retribution.”
46. And they had no allies to help them against God. And whomever God misguides will never find the way.
47. Respond to your Lord before a day comes from God which cannot be averted. There will be no refuge for you on that day, nor an advocate.
48. But if they turn away, then We did not send you as their guardian. You are only required to deliver. And when We let the human being taste mercy from Us, he becomes happy with it, and when adversity afflicts them because of what their hands have done, the human being becomes rejecting.
49. To God belongs the sovereignty of the heavens and the earth. He creates whatever He wills. He bestows daughters to whomever He wills, and bestows sons to whomever He wills.
50. Or, He may bestow them with both daughters and sons, and He makes whom He wills sterile. He is Knowledgeable, Capable.
51. And it is not for any human being that God would speak to him, except through inspiration, or from behind a barrier, or by sending a messenger to inspire whom He wills by His leave. He is the Most High, Most Wise.
52. And thus, We inspired to you a revelation of Our command. You did not know what was the scripture, nor what was faith. Yet, We made this a light to guide whomever We wish from among Our servants. Surely, you guide to a straight path.
53. The path of God, to whom belongs everything in the heavens and in the earth. Absolutely, all matters ultimately revert to God.
In the name of God, the Almighty, the Most Merciful
1. H. M.
2. And the evident scripture.
3. We have made it into an Arabic Quran, perhaps you may understand.
4. And it is held honourable and wise in the master record with Us.
5. Shall We just take away the reminder from you, because you are a transgressing people?
6. And how many a prophet did We send to the previous generations!
7. And every time a prophet went to them, they ridiculed him.
8. Then We destroyed people who were even more powerful than these, and the example of the previous generations was established.
9. And if you asked them: “Who created the heavens and the earth?” They will say: “They were created by the One who is the Noble, the Knowledgeable.”
10. He is the One who made the earth habitable for you, and He made pathways in it that you may find your way.
11. And He is the One who sends down water from the sky, in exact measure. We then revive with it a dead land. Similarly, you will be resurrected.
12. And He is the One who created all the pairs, and He made for you from the ships and the livestock that which you can ride.
13. So that you may settle on their backs; and then when you have settled on them you may recall your Lord’s blessing, by saying: “Glory be to the One who commits this for us, and we could not have done so by ourselves.”
14. “And we will ultimately return to our Lord.”
15. And they assigned a share to Him from His own servants! Surely, the human being is profoundly unappreciative.
16. Or has He selected daughters from among His creation, while He has left you with the sons?
17. And when one of them is given news of that which he cites as an example for the Almighty, his face becomes dark, and he is filled with anger!
18. “What good is an offspring that is brought up to be beautiful, and cannot help in a fight?”
19. And they have made the Angels, who are servants of the Almighty, into females! Have they witnessed their creation? We will record their testimony, and they will be asked.
20. And they said: “If the Almighty willed, we would not have worshiped them.” They have no basis for such a claim; they only conjecture.
21. Or have We given them a scripture before this which they are upholding?
22. No, they have said: “We found our fathers following a certain way, and we are following in their footsteps.”
23. And similarly, We did not send a warner to a town, except its carefree ones said: “We found our fathers following a certain way, and we are following in their footsteps.”
24. He would say: “What if I brought to you better guidance than what you inherited from your parents?” They would say: “We are disbelievers in that which you have been sent.”
25. Consequently, We took revenge upon them. Note how was the consequences of the rejecters.
26. And when Abraham said to his father and his people: “I am innocent of that which you worship.”
27. “Except for the One who initiated me, He will guide me.”
28. And he made it a word to last in his subsequent generations; perhaps they may turn back.
29. Indeed, I have given these people and their fathers to enjoy, until the truth came to them, and a clarifying messenger.
30. And when the truth came to them, they said: “This is magic, and we reject it.”
31. And they said: “If only this Quran was sent down to a great man from the two towns!”
32. Is it they who assign your Lord’s mercy? We have assigned their shares in this worldly life, and We raised some of them above others in ranks, so that they would take one another in service. The mercy from your Lord is far better than that which they amass.
33. And if it were not that all the people would become one nation, We would have provided for those who reject the Almighty silver roofs for their homes, and stairs upon which they could ascend.
34. And for their homes, gates, and furnishings on which they could recline.
35. And many ornaments. All these are the pleasures of this worldly life. And the Hereafter with your Lord is for the righteous.
36. And whosoever turns away from the remembrance of the Almighty, We appoint a devil to be his constant companion.
37. And they hinder from the path, but they think they are guided!
38. Until he comes to Us, he will say, “Oh, I wish that between you and me was the distance of the two easts. What a miserable companion!”
39. It would not benefit you this day, as transgressors, you are partners in the retribution.
40. Can you make the deaf hear, or can you guide the blind and those who are far astray?
41. Even if We do away with you, We will seek revenge on them.
42. Or We may show you that which We promised for them; for We are able to take them.
43. You shall hold on to that which is inspired to you; you are on a straight path.
44. And this is indeed a reminder for you and your people; and you will all be questioned.
45. And ask those of Our messengers whom We sent before you: “Did We ever appoint gods besides the Almighty to be served?”
46. And We sent Moses with Our signs to Pharaoh and his leaders, saying: “I am a messenger of the Lord of the worlds.”
47. But when he came to them with Our signs, they laughed at them.
48. And every sign We showed them was greater than the one before it, and We seized them with the torment, perhaps they would revert.
49. And they said: “O you magician, implore your Lord for us according to what He has agreed with you; we will then be guided.”
50. But when We removed the torment from them, they broke their word.
51. And Pharaoh proclaimed among his people: “O my people, do I not possess the kingship of Egypt, and these rivers flow below me? Do you not see?”
52. “Am I not better than this one who is despicable and can barely be understood?”
53. “Why then are not golden bracelets bestowed on him, or the Angels are accompanying him?”
54. He thus convinced his people, and they obeyed him; they were a wicked people.
55. So when they persisted in opposing Us, We sought revenge from them, and drowned them all.
56. We thus made them a precedent, and an example for the others.
57. And when the son of Mary was cited as an example, your people turned away from it.
58. And they said: “Are our gods better or is he?” They only cited this to argue with you. Indeed, they are a quarrelsome people.
59. He was no more than a servant whom We blessed, and We made him an example for the Children of Israel.
60. And if We willed, We could have made some of you Angels who reproduce on earth.
61. And he was a lesson for the Hour. So have no doubt about it. And follow Me; this is a straight path.
62. And let not the devil repel you; he is to you a clear enemy.
63. And when Jesus came with the proofs, he said: “I have come to you with the wisdom, and to clarify some of the matters in which you dispute. So be aware of God and obey me.”
64. “God is my Lord and your Lord. So serve Him. This is a straight path.”
65. The groups disputed among themselves. Woe to those who transgress from the retribution of a painful day.
66. Do they only wait for the Hour to come to them suddenly, while they do not perceive?
67. Friends on that day will become enemies of one another, except for the righteous.
68. O My servants, you will have no fear on this day, nor will you grieve.
69. They are the ones who believed in Our revelations, and had surrendered.
70. “Enter Paradise, together with your spouses, and rejoice.”
71. They will be served with golden trays and cups, and they will find everything the self desires and the eyes wish for, and you will abide therein forever.
72. Such is the Paradise that you inherit, in return for your works.
73. In it you will have all kinds of fruits, from which you eat.
74. Surely, the criminals will abide in the retribution of Hell forever.
75. Never will the retribution be commuted for them; they will be confined therein.
76. And We did not wrong them, but it was they who were the wrongdoers.
77. And they will implore: “O Malek, please let your Lord terminate us!” He will say: “No, you are remaining.”
78. We have come to you with the truth, but most of you hate the truth.
79. Or have they schemed some scheme? We too are scheming.
80. Or do they think that We do not hear their secrets and private counsel? Yes indeed; and Our messengers are with them, recording.
81. Say: “If the Almighty had a son, I would be the first to serve!”
82. Glorified be the Lord of the heavens and the earth, the Lord of the Throne, from what they describe.
83. So leave them to speak nonsense and play until they meet their day, which they have been promised.
84. And He is the One who is a god in the heaven and a god on earth. And He is the Wise, the Knowledgeable.
85. And blessed is the One who possesses all sovereignty of the heavens and the earth, and everything between them; and With Him is the knowledge of the Hour, and to Him you will be returned.
86. And those whom they call on beside Him do not possess any intercession; except those who bear witness to the truth, and they fully know.
87. And if you asked them who created them, they would say, “God.” Why then did they deviate?
88. And he will say: “O my Lord, these are a people who do not believe.”
89. So disregard them and say: “Peace.” They will come to know.
In the name of God, the Almighty, the Most Merciful
1. H. M.
2. And the clarifying scripture.
3. We have sent it down in a blessed night. Surely, We were to warn.
4. In it, is a decree for every matter of wisdom.
5. A decree from Us. Surely, We were to send messengers.
6. A mercy from your Lord. He is the Hearer, the Knowledgeable.
7. The Lord of the heavens and the earth, and everything between them. If you could be certain!
8. There is no god except Him. He gives life and causes death; your Lord and the Lord of your ancestors.
9. No; they are in doubt, playing.
10. Therefore, watch for the day when the sky will bring a manifest smoke.
11. It will envelope the people; this is a painful retribution.
12. “Our Lord, remove the retribution from us; we are believers.”
13. How is it that now they remember, while a clarifying messenger had come to them?
14. But they turned away from him and said: “Clearly educated, but crazy!”
15. We will remove the retribution in a while; you will then revert back.
16. On the day We strike the great strike, We will avenge.
17. And We had tested before them the people of Pharaoh, and an honourable messenger came to them.
18. “Restore to me the servants of God. I am a trustworthy messenger to you.”
19. “And, do not transgress against God. I come to you with clear authority.”
20. “And I seek refuge in my Lord and your Lord, should you stone me.”
21. “And if you do not wish to believe, then leave me alone.”
22. Subsequently, he called on his Lord: “These are a criminal people.”
23. Then travel with My servants during the night; you will be pursued.
24. And leave the sea quickly; their troops will be drowned.
25. How many gardens and springs did they leave behind?
26. And crops and a luxurious dwellings?
27. And blessings that they enjoyed?
28. Thus it was!; and We caused another people to inherit it.
29. Neither the heaven, nor the earth wept over them, and they were not respited.
30. And We saved the Children of Israel from the humiliating punishment.
31. From Pharaoh; he was a transgressing tyrant.
32. And We have chosen them, out of knowledge, over the worlds.
33. And We granted them signs, which constituted a great test.
34. These people now are saying:
35. “There is nothing but our first death; and we will never be resurrected!”
36. “So bring back our forefathers, if you are truthful!”
37. Are they better or the people of Tubba` and those before them? We destroyed them, they were criminals.
38. And We have not created the heavens and the earth, and everything between them, for mere play.
39. We did not create them except with the truth, but most of them do not know.
40. Surely, the Day of Separation is the appointment for them all.
41. That is the day when no friend can help his friend in any way; nor will they be helped.
42. Except him on whom God has mercy. He is the Noble, the Merciful.
43. Surely, the tree of Zaqqum.
44. Will be the food for the sinful.
45. Like hot oil, it will boil in the stomachs.
46. Like the boiling of liquid.
47. “Take him and throw him into the midst of Hell.”
48. “Then pour upon his head the retribution of boiling liquid.”
49. “Taste this; surely you are the noble, the generous!”
50. Surely, this is what you used to doubt!
51. The righteous will be in a place of security.
52. Among gardens and springs.
53. Wearing silk and satin; facing each other.
54. So it is, and We married them to wonderful spouses.
55. They enjoy in it all kinds of fruits, in perfect peace.
56. They do not taste death therein except for the first death, and He has spared them the retribution of Hell.
57. As a blessing from your Lord. Such is the great triumph.
58. We have thus made it easy it in your language, perhaps they may take heed.
59. Therefore, keep watching; for they too will be watching.
In the name of God, the Almighty, the Most Merciful
1. H. M.
2. The revelation of this scripture is from God, the Noble, the Wise.
3. In the heavens and the earth are signs for the believers.
4. And in your creation, and what creatures He puts forth are signs for people who are certain.
5. And the alternation of the night and the day, and what God sends down from the sky of provisions to revive the land after its death, and the changing of the winds; are signs for a people who understand.
6. These are God’s revelations that We recite to you with truth. So, in which narration after God and His revelations do they believe?
7. Woe to every sinful fabricator.
8. He hears God’s revelations being recited to him, then he persists arrogantly, as if he never heard them. Give him news of a painful retribution.
9. And if he learns anything from Our revelations, he makes fun of them. For these will be a humiliating retribution.
10. Waiting for them is Hell. And that which they earned will not help them, nor those whom they have taken as allies besides God, and for them is a terrible retribution.
11. This is a guidance. And those who reject the revelations of their Lord, for them is an affliction of a painful retribution.
12. God is the One who committed the sea in your service, so that the ships can roam in it by His command, and that you may seek of His provisions, and that you may be appreciative.
13. And He committed in your service all that is in the heavens and in the earth; all from Him. In that are signs for a people who reflect.
14. Say to those who believed to forgive those who do not look forward to the days of God. He will fully recompense people for whatever they have earned.
15. Whoever works good does so for himself, and whoever works evil will suffer it. Then to your Lord you will be returned.
16. And We had given the Children of Israel the scripture, and the judgment, and the prophethood, and We provided them with good provisions; and We preferred them over the worlds.
17. And We gave them clarity in the matter, but then they disputed after the knowledge had come to them, out of jealousy amongst themselves. Your Lord will judge them on the Day of Resurrection regarding everything that they have disputed.
18. Then We have established you on the correct path; so follow it and do not follow the desires of those who do not know.
19. They cannot help you against God in the least. And the transgressors are allies to one another, while God is the Protector of the righteous.
20. This is a physical evidence for the people, and a guidance and a mercy for a people who are certain.
21. Or do those who work evil expect that We would treat them the same as those who believe and do good works, in their present life and their death? Miserable is how they judge.
22. And God created the heavens and the earth with truth, and so that every soul may be recompensed for whatever it earned, and they will not be wronged.
23. Have you seen the one who took his ego as his god, and God led him astray, despite his knowledge, and He sealed his hearing and his heart, and He made a veil on his eyes? Who then can guide him after God? Will you not remember?
24. And they said: “There is nothing but this worldly life; we die and we live and nothing destroys us except the passing of time!” And they have no knowledge about this; they only conjecture.
25. And when Our clear revelations are recited to them, their only argument is to say: “Then bring back our forefathers, if you are truthful.”
26. Say: “God gives you life, then He puts you to death, then He will gather you to the Day of Resurrection, in which there is no doubt. But most people do not know.”
27. And to God is the sovereignty of the heavens and the earth. And on the day the Hour comes to pass, on that day the falsifiers will lose.
28. And you will see every nation lined-up together. Every nation will be called to its record. “Today, you be recompensed for everything you have done.”
29. This is Our record; it utters the truth about you. We have been recording everything you did.
30. As for those who believe and did good works, their Lord will admit them into His mercy. This is the evident triumph.
31. But as for those who disbelieve: “Were not My revelations recited to you, but you turned arrogant and were a criminal people?”
32. And when it is said: “Surely God’s promise is the truth, and there is no doubt about the coming of the Hour,” you said: “We do not know what the Hour is! We are full of conjecture about it; we are not certain.”
33. And the evils of their works will become evident to them, and the very thing they ridiculed will be their doom.
34. And it will be said to them: “Today We will forget you, just as you forgot the meeting of this day. And your abode is the Fire, and you will have no helpers.”
35. “This is because you took God’s revelations in mockery, and you were deceived by the worldly life.” So from this day, they will never exit therefrom, nor will they be excused.
36. To God belongs all praise; the Lord of the heavens, and the Lord of the earth; the Lord of the worlds.
37. And to Him belongs all majesty in the heavens and the earth. He is the Noble, the Wise.
In the name of God, the Almighty, the Most Merciful
1. H. M.
2. The revelation of the scripture from God, the Noble, the Wise.
3. We did not create the heavens and the earth, and everything between them except with truth, and for an appointed time. And those who disbelieve turn away from what they are being warned with.
4. Say: “Do you see those that you call on besides God? Show me what they have created on the earth, or do they have a share in the heavens? Bring me a scripture before this, or any trace of knowledge, if you are truthful.”
5. And who is more astray than one who calls on others besides God that do not respond to him even till the Day of Resurrection? And they are totally unaware of the calls to them!
6. And at the time when mankind is gathered, they will be enemies for them, and they will reject their worship.
7. And when Our clear revelations are recited to them, those who rejected said of the truth that came to them: “This is evidently magic!”
8. Or do they say: “He fabricated this!” Say: “If I fabricated this, then you cannot protect me at all from God. He is fully aware of what you say. He suffices as a witness between me and you. He is the Forgiver, the Merciful.”
9. Say: “I am no different from the other messengers, nor do I know what will happen to me or to you. I only follow what is inspired to me. I am no more than a clear warner”
10. Say: “Do you see that if it were from God, and you rejected it, and a witness from the Children of Israel testified to its similarity, and he has believed, while you have turned arrogant? Surely, God does not guide the wicked people.”
11. And those who had rejected said regarding those who had believed: “If it were any good, they would not have beaten us to it.” And when they are not able to be guided by it, they will say: “This is an old fabrication!”
12. And before this was the Scripture of Moses, as a role-model and a mercy. And this is an authenticating scripture, in an Arabic tongue, to warn those who transgressed, and to give good news to the righteous.
13. Surely, those who said: “Our Lord is God,” then they lead a righteous life, there is no fear for them, nor will they grieve.
14. These are the dwellers of Paradise, abiding therein, a reward for what they used to do.
15. And We enjoined the human being to honour his parents. His mother bore him with hardship, gave birth to him in hardship, and his weaning lasts thirty months. Until he reaches his maturity, and reaches forty years, he says: “My Lord, direct me to appreciate the blessings You have bestowed upon me and upon my parents, and to do the righteous works that please You. And make my progeny be righteous as well. I have repented to You; I am of those who have surrendered.”
16. It is from these that We accept the best of their deeds, and We shall overlook their sins, among the dwellers of Paradise. This is the truthful promise that is promised to them.
17. And the one who says to his parents: “Enough of you! Are you promising me that I will be resurrected, when the generations who died before me never came back?” While they both will implore God: “Woe to you; believe! For God’s promise is the truth.” He would say: “This is nothing but tales from the past!”
18. These are the ones against whom the retribution has been deserved in nations who had come before them of humans and Jinn; they are the losers.
19. And to each will be degrees according to what they did, and He will recompense them and they will not be wronged.
20. And on the day when those who disbelieved will be displayed to the Fire: “You have wasted the good things given to you during your worldly life, and you took pleasure in it. Consequently, today you will be recompensed with a shameful retribution for your arrogance in the land without any right, and for your evil works.”
21. And recall that the brother of `Aad warned his people at the dunes, while numerous warnings were also delivered before him and with him: “You shall not serve except God. For I fear for you the retribution of a great day.”
22. They said: “Have you come to us to divert us away from our gods? Then bring us what you are promising us, if you are truthful!”
23. He said: “The knowledge about this is with God; and I only convey to you what I was sent with. However, I see that you are a people who are ignorant.”
24. Then when they saw the dense cloud heading towards their valley, they said: “This is a dense cloud that will bring to us much needed rain!” No, this is what you had asked to be hastened; a violent wind wherein there is painful retribution.
25. It destroys everything by the commanded of its Lord. Thus they became such that nothing could be seen except their homes. We thus requite the criminal people.
26. And We had established them in the same way as we established you, and provided them with the hearing, and the eyesight, and the heart. But their hearing, eyesight, and hearts did not help them at all. This is because they used to disregard God’s revelations, and they were stricken by that which they used to mock!
27. And We have destroyed the towns around you, after We had explained the proofs, perhaps they would repent.
28. Why then did the idols they set up to bring them closer to God fail to help them? Instead, they abandoned them. Such was their lie, and what they fabricated.
29. And We sent to you a small number of Jinn, in order to let them listen to the Quran. So when they arrived there, they said: “Pay attention.” Then, when it was finished, they returned to their people, to warn them.
30. They said: “O our people, we have heard a scripture that was sent down after Moses, authenticating what is present with him. It guides to the truth; and to a Straight Path.”
31. “O our people, respond to God’s caller, and believe in Him. He will then forgive your sins, and spare you a painful retribution.”
32. And whosoever does not respond to God’s caller, then he cannot escape on the earth, and he will not have besides Him any allies. These are the ones who have gone far astray.
33. Did they not see that God, Who created the heavens and the earth, and was not tired by their creation, is able to revive the dead? Yes indeed; He is able to do all things.
34. And the day the disbelievers are displayed to the Fire: “Is this not the truth?” They will answer: “Yes indeed, by our Lord.” He will say, “Then suffer the retribution for your disbelief.”
35. Therefore, be patient like the messengers of strong-will did before you and do not be in haste regarding them. On the day they will see what they have been promised, it will be as if they had not remained except for one hour of a single day. A proclamation: “Are any destroyed except for the wicked people?”
In the name of God, the Almighty, the Most Merciful
1. Those who rejected and repelled from the path of God, He will mislead their works.
2. And those who believe and do good works, and believe in what was sent down to Muhammad, for it is the truth from their Lord, He cancels for them their sins, and relieves their concern.
3. That is because those who disbelieve followed falsehood, while those who believe followed the truth from their Lord. God thus cites for the people their examples.
4. So, if you encounter those who have rejected, then strike their necks until you capture them, then bind them securely. Then you may either set them free or ransom them, until the war ends. And had God willed, He alone could have beaten them, but He thus tests you by one another. As for those who get killed in the cause of God, He will never let their deeds be put to waste.
5. He will guide them, and relieve their concerns.
6. And He will admit them into Paradise, which He has described to them.
7. O you who believe, if you support God, He will support you, and make your foothold firm.
8. And those who rejected, for them is destruction; and He has misled their works.
9. That is because they hated what God sent down, thus He nullifies their works.
10. Did they not roam the land and note how was the end for those before them? God destroyed them and the rejecters in a similar fate.
11. This is because God is the Master for those who believe, while the disbelievers have no master.
12. God admits those who believe and do good works to gardens with rivers flowing beneath them. As for those who reject, they are enjoying and eating as the cattle eat, and the Fire will be their abode.
13. And many a town was stronger than your own town, which drove you out. We destroyed them, and there was none who could help them.
14. Is he who bases on proof from his Lord, as one for whom his evil works have been adorned for him and they followed their desires?
15. Is the example of Paradise; that the righteous have been promised with rivers of pure water, and rivers of milk whose taste does not change, and rivers of wine that are delicious for the drinkers, and rivers of strained honey, and for them in it are all kinds of fruits, and a forgiveness from their Lord; like that of those who abide in the Fire, and are given to drink boiling water that cuts-up their intestines?
16. And some of them listen to you, until when they go out from you, they say to those who have been given the knowledge: “What has he just said?” Those are the ones whom God has sealed upon their hearts, and they followed their desires.
17. And those who are guided, He increases their guidance, and grants them their righteousness.
18. So are they waiting until the Hour comes to them suddenly? For its conditions have already been met. But once it comes to them, how will they benefit from their message?
19. So know that there is no god besides God, and ask forgiveness of your sins and also for the believing men and believing women. And God knows your movements and your place of rest.
20. And those who believe say: “If only a chapter is sent down!” But when a firm chapter is sent down, and fighting is mentioned in it, you see those who have a disease in their hearts look at you, as if death had already come to them. And it was better for them
21. To be obedient and speak righteousness. And when the matter is decided, then if they had trusted God it would have been better for them.
22. So do you plan that when you run away, you will corrupt the land and sever your blood ties?
23. These are the ones whom God has cursed and thus He made them deaf and blinded their sight.
24. Do they not reflect on the Quran? Or are there locks on their hearts?
25. Surely, those who reverted back, after the guidance has been made clear to them, the devil has enticed them and led them on.
26. That is because they said to those who hated what God Had sent down: “We will obey you in certain matters.” And God knows their secrets.
27. So how will it be when the Angels put them to death, striking their faces and their backs?
28. That is because they followed that which angered God, and they hated that which pleased Him. Thus, He nullified their works.
29. Or did those who harbour a disease in their hearts think that God would not bring out their evil thoughts?
30. And if We wished, We would show them to you so you would recognize them by their looks. However, you can recognize them by their speech. And God is fully aware of your works.
31. And We will test you until We know those who strive among you and those who are patient. And We will bring out your qualities.
32. Those who have rejected and repelled from the path of God, and stood against the messenger after the guidance has been made clear for them, they will not harm God in the least, and He will nullify their works.
33. O you who believe, obey God, and obey the messenger. And do not render your work in vain.
34. Surely, those who rejected and repelled from the path of God, then they died while still rejecting, God will never forgive them.
35. Therefore, do not be weak and ask for peace, for you are on a higher moral ground, and God is with you. And He will not waste your efforts.
36. This worldly life is no more than play and vanity. But if you believe and lead a righteous life, He will reward you, and He will not ask you for your wealth.
37. If He were to ask you for it, to the extent of creating a hardship for you, you would become stingy, and your hidden evil might be exposed.
38. Here you are being invited to spend in the cause of God, but some among you turn stingy. And whoever is stingy is only being stingy on himself. And God is the Rich, while you are the poor. And if you turn away, He will substitute you for another people, then they will not be like you.
In the name of God, the Almighty, the Most Merciful
1. We have given you a clear conquest.
2. So that God may forgive your present sins, as well as those past, and so that He may complete His blessings upon you, and guide you on a straight path.
3. And God will grant you a conquest which is mighty.
4. He is the One who sends down tranquility into the hearts of the believers, so that they may increase in faith along with their present faith. And to God belongs the soldiers of the heavens and the earth, and God is Knowledgeable, Wise.
5. That He may admit the believing men and believing women into Gardens with rivers flowing beneath them, abiding eternally therein, and He will remit their sins from them. And with God this is a great triumph.
6. And He will punish the hypocrite men and the hypocrite women, and the idolater men and the idolater women, who think evil thoughts about God. Their evil will come back to them, and God was angry with them, and He Has cursed them and prepared for them Hell. What a miserable destiny!
7. And to God belongs the soldiers of the heavens and the earth. And God is Noble, Wise.
8. We have sent you as a witness, a bearer of good news, and a warner.
9. So that you may believe in God and His messenger, and that you may support Him, honour Him, and glorify Him, morning and night.
10. Surely, those who pledge allegiance to you, are pledging allegiance to God; God’s hand is above their hands. Those of them who violate such a pledge, are violating it only upon themselves. And whosoever fulfills what he has pledged to God, then God will grant him a great reward.
11. The Nomads who lagged behind will say to you: “We were preoccupied with our money and our family, so ask forgiveness for us.” They say with their tongues what is not in their hearts. Say: “Who then would possess any power for you against God if He wanted harm to afflict you or if He wanted benefit for you?” No, God is fully Aware of everything you do.
12. Alas, you thought that the messenger and the believers would not return to their families, and this was deemed pleasant in your hearts, and you thought the worst thoughts; you were a wicked people.
13. Anyone whosoever does not believe in God and His messenger, then We have prepared for the rejecters a Hellfire.
14. And to God is the sovereignty of the heavens and the earth. He forgives whomever He wills, and punishes whomever He wills. God is Forgiver, Merciful.
15. Those who lagged behind will say, when you venture out to collect the spoils: “Let us follow you!” They want to change God’s words. Say: “You will not follow us; this is what God has decreed beforehand.” They will then say: “No, you are envious of us.” Alas, they rarely understood anything.
16. Say to those Nomads who lagged behind: “You will be called on to fight a people who are very powerful in warfare, unless they surrender. Then if you obey, God will grant you a good reward, but if you turn away as you turned away before, He will punish you with a painful retribution.”
17. There is no burden on the blind, nor is there any burden on the cripple, nor is there on the sick any burden. And whosoever obeys God and His messenger, He will admit them into gardens with rivers flowing beneath; and whosoever turns away, He will punish him with a painful retribution.
18. God is pleased with the believers who pledged allegiance to you under the tree. He thus knew what was in their hearts, so He sent down tranquility upon them, and rewarded them with a near victory.
19. And abundant spoils that they will take. God is Noble, Wise.
20. God has promised you abundant spoils that you will take. Thus He Has hastened this for you, and He Has withheld the people’s hands against you; that it may be a sign for the believers, and that He may guide you to a straight path.
21. And the other group which you could not vanquish, God took care of them. And God was capable of all things.
22. And if the rejecters had fought you, they would have turned and ran, then they would have found neither an ally nor a victor.
23. Such is God’s way with those who have passed away before, and you will not find any change in God’s way.
24. And He is the One who withheld their hands against you, and your hands against them in the interior of Mecca, after He had made you victorious over them. God is Seer of what you do.
25. They are the ones who rejected and barred you from the restricted Temple, and barred your offerings from reaching their destination. And there had been believing men and women whom you did not know, and you may have hurt them, and on whose account you would have committed a sin unknowingly. God will admit into His mercy whomever He wills. If they were apart, We would have punished those of them who rejected with a painful retribution.
26. Those who rejected had put in their hearts the rage of the days of ignorance, then God sent down tranquility upon His messenger and the believers, and directed them to uphold the word of righteousness, and they were well entitled to it and worthy of it. And God is fully aware of all things.
27. God has fulfilled with truth His messenger’s vision: “You will enter the restricted Temple, God willing, secure, with your heads shaven and shortened, having no fear.” Thus, He knew what you did not know, and He has coupled with this a near victory.
28. He is the One who sent His messenger with the guidance and the system of truth, so that it would expose all other systems. And God is sufficient as a witness.
29. Muhammad is the messenger of God, and those who are with him are severe against the rejecters, but merciful between themselves. You see them yielding and submitting, they seek God’s blessings and approval. Their distinction is in their faces, as a result of submitting. Such is their example in the Torah. And their example in the Injeel is like a plant which shoots out and becomes strong and thick and it stands straight on its stem, pleasing to the farmers that He may enrage the rejecters with them. God promises those among them who believe and do good works a forgiveness and a great reward.
In the name of God, the Almighty, the Most Merciful
1. O you who believe, do not place your opinion above that of God and His messenger. And be aware of God. God is Hearer, Knowledgeable.
2. O you who believe, do not raise your voices above the voice of the prophet, nor shall you speak loudly at him as you would speak loudly to each other, lest your works become nullified while you do not perceive.
3. Surely, those who lower their voices with the messenger of God, they are the ones whose hearts have been tested by God for righteousness. They have deserved forgiveness and a great recompense.
4. Surely, those who call on you from behind the buildings, most of them do not comprehend.
5. And if they had only been patient till you came out to them, it would have been better for them. God is Forgiver, Merciful.
6. O you who believe, if a wicked person comes to you with any news, then you shall investigate it. Lest you harm a people out of ignorance, then you will become regretful over what you have done.
7. And know that among you is the messenger of God. If he were to obey you in many things, you would be in difficulty. But God made you love faith and adorned it in your hearts, and He made you hate disbelief, wickedness, and disobedience. These are the rightly guided ones.
8. Such is grace from God and a blessing. God is Knowledgeable, Wise.
9. And if two parties of believers battle with each other, you shall reconcile them; but if one of them aggresses against the other, then you shall fight the one aggressing until it complies with God’s command. Once it complies, then you shall reconcile the two groups with justice, and be equitable; for God loves those who are equitable.
10. The believers are brothers; so reconcile between your brothers, and be aware of God, that you may receive mercy.
11. O you who believe, let not any people ridicule other people, for they may be better than they. Nor shall any women ridicule other women, for they may be better than they. Nor shall you mock one another, or call each other names. Evil indeed is the reversion to wickedness after attaining faith. Anyone who does not repent, then these are the transgressors.
12. O you who believe, you shall avoid much suspicion, for some suspicion is sinful. And do not spy on one another, nor shall you backbite one another. Would one of you enjoy eating the flesh of his dead brother? You certainly would hate this. You shall observe God. God is Redeemer, Merciful.
13. O mankind, We created you from a male and female, and We made you into nations and tribes, that you may know one another. Surely, the most honourable among you in the sight of God is the most righteous. God is Knowledgeable, Expert.
14. The Nomads said: “We believe.” Say: “You have not believed, but you should say: ‘We have surrendered’, for belief has not yet entered into your hearts.” If you obey God and His messenger, He will not put any of your works to waste. God is Forgiver, Merciful.
15. Believers are those who believe in God and His messenger, then they became without doubt, and they strive with their money and their lives in the cause of God. These are the truthful ones.
16. Say: “Are you teaching God about your system while God knows everything in the heavens and the earth? God is knowledgeable of all things.”
17. They think they are doing you a favour by having surrendered! Say: “Do not think you are doing me any favours by your surrender. For it is God who is doing you a favour that He Has guided you to the faith, if you are being true.”
18. Surely, God knows all the unseen in the heavens and the earth; God is Seer of everything you do.
In the name of God, the Almighty, the Most Merciful
1. Q, and then glorious Quran.
2. Are they surprised that a warner has come to them from amongst them, so the rejecters said: “This is something strange!”
3. “Can it be that when we are dead and we become dust, that we come back later?”
4. We know which of them becomes consumed with the earth; and We have with Us a record which keeps track.
5. But they denied the truth when it came to them, so they are in a confused state.
6. Did they not look to the sky above them, how We built it, and adorned it, and how it has no openings?
7. And the land We extended it, and placed in it stabilizers, and We gave growth in it to every kind of healthy pair.
8. Something to see and a reminder for every pious servant.
9. And We sent down from the sky blessed water, and We gave growth with it to gardens and grain that is harvested.
10. And the palm trees, emerging with clustering fruit.
11. A provision for the servants, and We gave life with it to the land which was dead. Such is the resurrection.
12. Before their denial was that of the people of Noah, and the dwellers of Al-Raas, and Thamud.
13. And ‘Aad, and Pharaoh, and the brethren of Lot.
14. And the people of the forest, and the people of Tubba. All of them disbelieved the messengers, so the promise came to pass.
15. Did We tire in making the first creation? No, they are in confusion about any new creation.
16. And We have created man and We know what his soul whispers to him, and We are closer to him than his jugular vein.
17. When the two receivers meet on the right and on the left.
18. He does not utter a word except with having a constant recorder.
19. And the moment of death came in truth: “This is what you have been trying to avoid!”
20. And the horn is blown on the promised day.
21. And every soul is brought, being driven, and with a witness.
22. “You were heedless of this, so now We have removed your veil, and your sight today is iron!”
23. And his constant companion said: “This is what I have prepared.”
24. Cast forth in Hell every stubborn rejecter.
25. Denier of good, transgressor, doubter.
26. The one who made with God another god. So cast him into the severe retribution.
27. His constant companion said: “Our Lord, I did not corrupt him, but he was already far astray.”
28. He said: “Do not argue with each other before Me, I have already presented you with My promise.”
29. “The sentence will not be changed with Me, and I do not wrong the servants.”
30. The day We say to Hell: “Are you full?”, and it says: “Is there more?”
31. And Paradise is brought near to the righteous, not far off.
32. This is what you have been promised, for every repenter, steadfast
33. The one who feared the Almighty while unseen, and came with a repenting heart
34. Enter it in peace. This is the day of eternal life.
35. In it they will have what they wish, and We have even more.
36. And how many a generation before them have We destroyed? They were stronger in power, but they ran away in the land. Did they find any sanctuary?
37. In that is a reminder for whoever has a heart, or cares to listen while he is heedful.
38. And We have created the heavens and what is between them in six days, and no fatigue touched Us.
39. So be patient to what they are saying, and glorify the grace of your Lord before the rising of the sun and before the setting.
40. And from the night glorify Him, and at after submitting.
41. And listen to the day when the caller will call from a near place.
42. The day they hear the scream with truth. That is the day of coming out.
43. We are the Ones who give life and bring death, and to Us is the destiny.
44. The day when the earth will rapidly crumble away from them; that will be a gathering which is easy for Us.
45. We are totally aware of what they say, and you are not to be a tyrant over them. So remind with the Quran those who fear My promise.