In the name of God, the Almighty, the Most Merciful
1. The judgment of mankind has come near, while they are turning away unaware.
2. When a reminder comes to them from their Lord that is new, they listen to it while playing.
3. Their hearts are preoccupied, and those who are wicked confer privately: “Is he not a human being like you? Would you accept this magic while you know?”
4. He said: “My Lord knows what is said in the heavens and in the earth, and He is the Hearer, the Knower.”
5. They said: “No, these are just bad dreams; no, he made it up; no, he is a poet. So let him bring us a sign like those who were sent before.”
6. None of the towns which We destroyed before them had believed. Will they believe?
7. And We did not send before you except men whom We inspired to. So ask the people of the remembrance if you do not know.
8. And We did not make for them bodies that do not need to eat, nor were they immortal.
9. Then We fulfilled the promise to them, so We saved them and whom We pleased, and We destroyed those who transgressed.
10. We have sent down to you a scripture in which is your remembrance. Do you not comprehend?
11. And how many a town have We destroyed because of its wrong doing, and We established after them a different people?
12. So it was that when they perceived Our power, they were running from it.
13. “Do not run, and come back to that which you were living lavishly in and your homes; so that you will be questioned.”
14. They said: “Woe to us, we have been wicked!”
15. So that remained as their cry until We took them all, and they became still.
16. And We did not create the heavens and the earth and what is between them for entertainment.
17. If We wanted to be amused, We could have done so from what is already with Us, if that is what We wished to do.
18. No, We cast with the truth upon the falsehood, so it disrupts it, and then it retreats. And woe to you for what you have described.
19. And to Him is whoever is in the heavens and in the earth. And those who are near Him are not too proud to serve Him, nor do they complain.
20. They glorify in the night and the day, they do not cease.
21. Or have they taken gods from the earth who can resurrect?
22. If there were gods in them except for God, then they would have been ruined. Glory be to God, the Lord of the throne from what they describe.
23. He is not questioned about what He does, while they will be questioned.
24. Or have they taken gods besides Him? Say: “Bring your proof. This is a reminder of those with me and a reminder of those before me.” But, most of them do not know the truth, so they turn away.
25. And We did not send any messenger before you except that We inspired him that: “There is no god but Me, so serve Me.”
26. And they said: “The Almighty has taken a son!” Be He glorified, they are but honoured servants.
27. They do not speak ahead of Him, and on His command they act.
28. He knows their present and their future, and they cannot intercede unless it is for those whom He is pleased with. And they stand in awe and reverence of Him.
29. And whoever of them says: “I am a god besides Him,” then that person We will punish with Hell. It is such that We punish the wicked.
30. Did those who reject not see that the heavens and the earth were one piece and We tore them apart? And that We made from the water everything that lives. Will they not believe?
31. And We made on the earth stabilizers so that it would not tumble with you, and We made in it wide paths that they may be guided.
32. And We made the sky a protective ceiling. And yet they are turning away from Our signs!
33. He is the One who created the night and the day, and the sun and the moon, each swimming in an orbit.
34. And We did not give immortality to any human that came before you. If you are going to die, would they be immortal?
35. Every soul will taste death. And We burden you with evil and good as a test, and it is to Us that you will return.
36. And when those who reject see you, they take you for mockery: “Is this the one who speaks about your gods?” While in the remembrance of the Almighty they are rejecters!
37. Mankind has been created from haste. I will show you My signs, so do not be in a rush.
38. And they say: “When will this promise come to pass if you are truthful?”
39. If only those who reject knew, that they will not be able to ward off the Fire from their faces, nor from their backs, nor will they be helped.
40. No, it will come to them suddenly. And they will not be able to turn it away, nor will they be delayed.
41. And messengers before you have been mocked, but those who mocked were then surrounded by that which they were mocking!
42. Say: “Who can protect you during the night and the day from the Almighty?” No, they are turning away from the remembrance of their Lord.
43. Or do they have gods that will protect them from Us? They cannot help themselves, nor can they be protected from Us.
44. It was We who gave luxury to these and their fathers, until they grew old with age. Do they not see that We come to the land and make it shrink from its edges? Will they be able to win?
45. Say: “I am merely warning you with the inspiration.” But the deaf do not hear the call when they are being warned.
46. And if a breath of your Lord’s torment touches them, they will say: “Woe to us, we have been wicked!”
47. And We will place the scales of justice for the Day of Resurrection, so that no soul will be wronged in the least. Even if it was the weight of a mustard seed, We will bring it. And We are sufficient as a Reckoner.
48. And We had given Moses and Aaron the Criterion, a shining light, and reminder for the righteous.
49. Those who reverence their Lord even though He is unseen, and they are weary for the Hour.
50. And this is a blessed reminder which We have sent down. Will you be deniers of it?
51. And before that We gave Abraham his understanding, and We were aware of him.
52. As he said to his father and people: “What are these statues to which you are devoted?”
53. They said: “We found our fathers worshipping them.”
54. He said: “You and your fathers have been clearly misguided.”
55. They said: “Have you come to us with the truth, or are you simply playing?”
56. He said: “No, your Lord is the Lord if heavens and earth, the One who initiated them. And I bear witness to such.”
57. “And by God, I will scheme against your statues after you have gone away and given your backs.”
58. So he broke them into pieces except for the biggest of them, so that they may turn to him.
59. They said: “Who has done this to our gods? He is surely one of the wicked.”
60. They said: “We heard a young man mentioning them. He was called Abraham.”
61. They said: “Bring him before the eyes of the people so that they may be witness.”
62. They said: “Did you do this to our gods O Abraham?”
63. He said: “It was the biggest one of them here who did it, so ask them, if they do speak!”
64. So they turned and said to themselves: “It is indeed ourselves who have been wicked!”
65. Then they reverted to their old ideas: “You know that they do not speak!”
66. He said: “Do you serve besides God that which does not benefit you at all nor harm you?”
67. “I am fed-up of you and to what you serve besides God! Do you not comprehend?”
68. They said: “Burn him, and give victory to your gods if you will do anything.”
69. We said: “O fire, be cool and safe upon Abraham.”
70. And they wanted to harm him, but We made them the losers.
71. And We saved him and Lot to the land which We have blessed in for the worlds.
72. And We granted him Isaac and Jacob as a gift, and each of them We made a good doer.
73. And We made them leaders who guide by Our command, and We inspired them to do good work and establish the assembly and contribute towards betterment, and they were in service to Us.
74. And Lot, We gave him wisdom and knowledge, and We saved him from the town that used to do vile things. They were a people of evil, corrupt.
75. And We admitted him into Our mercy. He was of the good doers.
76. And Noah when he called out before that, thus We responded to him, and We saved him and his family from the great distress.
77. And We granted him victory against the people that denied Our revelations. They were a people of evil, so We drowned them all.
78. And David and Solomon, when they gave judgment in the case of the crop that was damaged by the sheep of the people, and We were witness to their judgment.
79. So We gave Solomon the correct understanding, and both of them We have given wisdom and knowledge. And We committed the mountains with David to praise as well as the birds. This is what We did.
80. And We taught him the making of armour for you to protect you from your enemy. Are you then thankful?
81. And to Solomon the gusting winds run by his command all the way to the land which We have blessed in. And We were aware of everything.
82. And from the devils are those who dive for him, and they perform other tasks, and We were guardian over them.
83. And Job when he called his Lord: “I have been inflicted with harm, and you are the Most Merciful!”
84. So We answered him, and We removed what was afflicting him, and We brought him back his family and others with them as a mercy from Us and a reminder to those who serve.
85. And Ishmael and Enoch and Isaiah, all of them were patient.
86. And We admitted them in Our mercy, they were of the good doers.
87. And Jonah, when he went off in anger, and he thought that We would not be able to take him. Then he called out in the darkness: “There is no god but You! Glory to You, I was of the wicked!”
88. So We responded to him and We saved him from distress. And it is such that We save the faithful.
89. And Zachariah when he called out to his Lord: “My Lord, do not leave me without an heir, and You are the best inheritor.”
90. So We responded to him, and We granted him John, and We cured his wife. They used to hasten to do good, and they would call to Us in joy and in fear. And to Us they were reverent.
91. And the one who protected her chastity, so We blew into her from Our Spirit, and We made her and her son a sign for the worlds.
92. This is your nation, one nation, and I am your Lord so serve Me.
93. And they disputed in the matter amongst themselves. Each of them will be returned to Us.
94. So whosoever does good work and he is a believer, then his efforts will not be rejected and We will record it for him.
95. It is forbidden for a town that We destroy that they return!
96. Until Gog and Magog is opened, and from every elevated place they will race forth.
97. And the promise of truth draws near. Then, when it is seen by the eyes of those who rejected: “Woe to us, we have been oblivious to this. Indeed, we were wicked!”
98. Both you and what you serve besides God shall be fuel for Hell; you will enter it.
99. If these were gods, then they would not have entered it! And all will abide therein.
100. They will be breathing heavily in it, and they will not hear anything while in it.
101. As for those who deserved good from Us, they will be removed far away from it.
102. They shall not hear the slightest sound from it, and they will be in what their soul desires abiding therein.
103. The great horror will not sadden them, and the Angels will receive them: “This is your day which you have been promised.”
104. On the day when We roll up the heavens like the scroll of a scripture is rolled up. As We initiated the first creation, so shall We return it. It is a promise of Ours that We will do this.
105. And We have written in the Psalms: “After the remembrance, that the earth will be inherited by my servants who do good.”
106. In this is a proclamation for people who serve.
107. And We have not sent you except as a mercy to the worlds.
108. Say: ”It is inspired to me that your god is but One god, so will you surrender to Him?”
109. So if they turn away, then say: “I have given you notice sufficiently, and I do not know if what you are promised is near or far.”
110. “He knows that which is spoken publicly and he knows that which you keep secret.”
111. “And for all I know, it may be a test for you and an enjoyment for a while.”
112. He said: “My Lord judge with truth. And our Lord, the Almighty, is sought for what you describe.”
In the name of God, the Almighty, the Most Merciful
1. O mankind, be aware of your Lord, for the quaking of the hour is a terrible thing.
2. The day you see it, every nursing mother will leave her suckling child, and every pregnant one will miscarry, and you will see the people drunk while they are not drunk, but the retribution of God is most severe.
3. And from mankind are those who argue regarding God without knowledge, and he follows every rebellious devil.
4. It was decreed upon him that any who follow him, he will mislead him, and guide him to the retribution of Fire.
5. O mankind, if you are in doubt as to the resurrection, then We have created you from dirt, then from semen, then from a clot, then from a lump of flesh developed and undeveloped so that We make it clear to you. And We allow it in the wombs as We wish to an appointed time, then We bring you out a child, then you reach your maturity, and of you are those who are made to die, and of you are those who are sent to an old age where he will not be able to learn any new knowledge after what he already has. And you see the land still, but when We send down the water to it, it vibrates and grows, and it brings forth of every lovely pair.
6. That is because God is the truth, and He gives life to the dead, and He is capable of all things.
7. And the Hour is coming, there is no doubt in it, and God will resurrect those who are in the graves.
8. And from mankind are those who argue regarding God with no knowledge nor guidance nor enlightening scripture.
9. Bending his side to misguide from the path of God. He will have humiliation in the world and We will make him taste on the Day of Resurrection the retribution of burning.
10. That is for what your hands have brought forth, and God does not wrong the servants.
11. And from mankind are those who serve God on edge. So when good comes to him, he is content with it; and if an ordeal comes to him, he then turns on his face. He has lost this world and the Hereafter. Such is the clear loss.
12. He calls upon besides God what will not harm him and what will not benefit him. Such is the far straying.
13. He calls on those who harm him more than they benefit him. What a miserable patron, and what a miserable companion.
14. God admits those who believe and do good works to gardens with rivers flowing beneath them. God does as He wishes.
15. Whosoever thinks that God will not grant him victory in this world and the Hereafter, then let him extend his request to the heavens, then let him stop and see whether this action has removed his obstacles.
16. And as such, We have sent down clear revelations, and God guides whomever He wishes.
17. Those who believe, and the Jews, and the Sabians, and the Nazarenes, and the Majoos, and those who have set up partners; God will separate between them on the Day of Resurrection. For God is witness over all things.
18. Did you not see that to God submit what is in heavens and what is in earth? And the sun and the moon and the stars and the mountains and the trees and what moves, and many of mankind, and many who have deserved the retribution. And whoever God disgraces, then none can honour him. God does what He pleases.
19. Here are two opponents who have disputed regarding their Lord; as for those who rejected, outer garments made from fire are cut out for them, and boiling water is poured from above their heads.
20. It melts the inside of their stomachs and their skin.
21. And they will have hooked rods of iron.
22. Every time they want to escape the anguish, they are returned to it. Taste the retribution of the burning!
23. God will admit those who believe and do good works to gardens with rivers flowing beneath them, wherein they will be adorned with bracelets of gold and pearl, and their garments will be of silk.
24. And they are guided to the good sayings, and guided to the path of the Praiseworthy.
25. Those who have rejected and repel from the path of God and the restricted Temple that We have made for mankind, for the dweller or the visitor to it; and whoever inclines to evil action in it, We will let them taste a painful retribution.
26. And We have revealed to Abraham the location for the Shrine: “Do not set up anyone with Me, and purify My Shrine for those who visit and those who are resident, and those who yield and submit.”
27. And call out to mankind with the Pilgrimage, they will come to you walking and on every transport, they will come from every deep enclosure.
28. So that they may witness benefits for themselves and recall God’s name in the marked days over what He Has provided for them of the animal livestock. So eat from it and feed the needy and the poor.
29. Then let them complete their duties and fulfill their vows, and let them visit the ancient Shrine.
30. Thus, and whosoever honours God’s restrictions, then it is better for him with His Lord. And the livestock is made lawful for you except what is recited upon you. So avoid the foulness of idols and avoid saying false statements.
31. Monotheists to God, not setting up anything with Him. And whosoever sets-up partners with God, then it is as if he has fallen from the sky and the birds snatch him or the wind takes him to a place far off.
32. Thus, and whoever honours the symbols of God, then it is from the piety of the hearts.
33. In them are benefits to an appointed time, then their place is to the ancient Shrine.
34. And for every nation We have made a rite that they may mention God’s name over what He has provided for them of the animal livestock. So your god is One god, so to Him surrender and give good tidings to those who obey.
35. Those who, when God is mentioned, their hearts tremble, and they are patient to what befalls them, and they establish the assembly, and from what We provide them they spend.
36. And the animals used for offering, We have made them for you as symbols of God, in them is goodness for you. So mention God’s name upon them while they are whole, so once their body becomes still, then eat from them and give food to the poor and the needy. It was thus that We have made them in service to you, that you may be thankful.
37. Neither their meat nor their blood reaches God, but what reaches Him is the righteousness from you. It was thus that He made them in service to you, so that you may glorify God for what He has guided you to, and give news to the good doers.
38. God defends those who believe. God does not like any betrayer, rejecter.
39. It is permitted for those who have been persecuted to fight. And God is able to give them victory.
40. The ones who were driven out of their homes without justice, except that they said: “Our Lord is God!” And if it were not for mankind being pitted against one another, then many monasteries, synagogues, assemblies, and temples where the name of God is frequently mentioned would have been destroyed. God will give victory to those who support Him. God is Powerful, Noble.
41. Those whom if We allow them authority in the land, they establish the assembly, and they contribute towards betterment, and deter from evil. And to God is the conclusion of all matters.
42. And if they deny you, then denied also before them did the people of Noah and ‘Aad and Thamud.
43. And the people of Abraham and the people of Lot.
44. And the dwellers of Midian; and Moses was denied. So I granted respite to the rejecters then I took them, how then was My punishment?
45. So how many a town have We destroyed while it was doing wrong, so that it is lying in ruins with its wells abandoned, and empty castles.
46. Have they not roamed the land and had hearts with which to comprehend and ears with which to hear? No, it is not the sight which is blind, but it is the hearts that are in the chests that are blind.
47. And they seek you to hasten the retribution; and God will not break His promise. And a day with your Lord is like one thousand of your years.
48. And many a town I have given it respite while it was doing wrong, then I seized it! And to Me is the destiny.
49. Say: “O mankind, I am but a clear warner to you!”
50. As for those who believe and do good work, for them is a forgiveness and a great provision.
51. And those who strive to obstruct Our revelations, those are the dwellers of Hell.
52. And We did not send before you any messenger or prophet except that when he spoke, the devil also cast in his speech. God then overrides what the devil has cast, and God firms His revelations. And God is Knower, Wise.
53. That He may make what the devil has cast as a tests for those who have a disease in their hearts and those whose hearts are hardened. And the wicked are in a far away opposition.
54. And to let those who have been given knowledge know that it is the truth from your Lord, and they will believe in it, and their hearts will soften to it. And God will guide those who believe to a straight path.
55. And those who have rejected will remain to be in doubt from it until the Hour comes to them suddenly, or the retribution will come to them on a day which will stand still.
56. The sovereignty on that day is to God, He will judge between them. So as for those who have believed and did good works, they are in the gardens of paradise.
57. And those who rejected and disbelieved Our revelations, those will have a humiliating retribution.
58. And those who emigrated in the cause of God, then they were killed or died, God will provide them with a good provision, and God is the best of providers.
59. He will admit them an entrance that they will be pleased with, and God is Knowledgeable, Compassionate.
60. It is decreed that whoever retaliates with equal measure as was retaliated against him, then he was persecuted for this, God will give him victory. God is Pardoning, Forgiving.
61. That is because God merges the night in the day, and He merges the day in the night. And God is Hearer, Seer.
62. That is because God is the truth, and what they call on besides him is falsehood. And God is the High, the Great.
63. Did you not see that God sends down water from the sky, and then the land becomes green? God is compassionate, Expert.
64. To Him is what is in the heavens and what is in the earth. And God is the Rich, the Praiseworthy.
65. Did you not see that God commits to you what is in the land, and the ships which sail in the sea by His leave? And He holds the sky so that it would not fall upon the land except by His leave. Indeed, God is Kind towards mankind, Merciful.
66. He is the One who gave you life, then he makes you die, then he gives you life. But mankind is always rejecting!
67. For every nation We have made rites which they will fulfill. So do not let the matter fall into dispute. And call upon your Lord, for you are on a guidance which is straight.
68. And if they argue with you, then say: “God is fully aware of what you do.”
69. “God will judge between you on the Day of Resurrection in what you dispute therein.”
70. Did you not know that God knows what is in the heavens and the earth? All is in a record. All that for God is easy.
71. And they serve besides God what He did not send any authority upon and what they have no knowledge of. And the wicked will not have any helper.
72. And if Our clear revelations are recited to them, you see hatred in the faces of those who have rejected. They are nearly close to attacking those who are reciting to them Our revelations! Say: “Shall I inform you of what is worse than this? The Fire, which God has promised to those who have rejected. What a miserable destiny!”
73. O mankind, an example is being cited so listen to it: those you call upon besides God will not create a fly even if they all gathered to do so. And if the fly steals anything from them, they will not be able to return it from him. Weak is both the seeker and the sought!
74. They have truly underestimated God’s power. God is Powerful, Noble.
75. God chooses messengers from amongst the Angels and from amongst mankind. God is Hearer, Seer.
76. He knows their present and their future. And to God all matters are returned.
77. O you who believe, yield and submit and serve your Lord and do good that you may succeed.
78. And strive in the cause of God its truly deserved striving. He is the One who has chosen you, and He has made no hardship for you in the system, the creed of your father Abraham; He is the One who named you ‘those who have surrendered’ from before as well as in this. So let the messenger be witness over you and you be witness over mankind. So establish the assembly and contribute towards betterment and hold tight to God, He is your patron. What an excellent Patron, and what an excellent Supporter.
In the name of God, the Almighty, the Most Merciful
1. The believers are indeed successful.
2. Those who are humble in their assembly.
3. And they abstain from vain talk.
4. And they are active towards betterment.
5. And they cover their private parts.
6. Except around their mates, or those who are their dependants, they are free from blame.
7. But whosoever seeks anything beyond this, then those are the transgressors.
8. And those who are true to what they have been entrusted and their pledges.
9. And those who are protective over their assemblies.
10. These are the inheritors.
11. The ones who shall inherit Paradise, in it they will abide.
12. We have created mankind from a structure derived from mud.
13. Then We made him a drop in a safe lodging.
14. Then We created the semen into a clot, then We created the clot into a lump, then We created the lump into bone, then We covered the bone with flesh, then We brought forth a new creation. So glory be to God, the best of creators.
15. Then after that, you will die.
16. Then you will be resurrected on the Day of Resurrection.
17. And We have created above you seven paths, and We were never unaware of the creations.
18. And We sent down from the sky water in due measure, then We let it reside in the land, and We are capable of taking it away.
19. So We brought forth for you gardens of palm trees and grapes, for which you will find many fruits and from it you will eat.
20. And a tree which emerges from the mount of Sinai, it grows oil and is a relish for those who eat.
21. And in the livestock are lessons for you. We give you to drink from what is in its bellies, and you have many other benefits from them, and of them you eat.
22. And on them and on the ships you are carried.
23. And We have sent Noah to his people, so he said: “O my people, serve God, you have no other god besides Him. Will you not take heed?”
24. But the leaders who rejected from his people said: “What is this but a human like you? He wants to make himself better than you! And if it was indeed God’s will, He would have sent down Angels. We did not hear such a thing among our fathers of old.”
25. “He is no more than a man who has madness in him. So keep watch on him for a while.”
26. He said: “My Lord, grant me victory for what they denied me.”
27. So We inspired him: “Construct the Ship under Our eyes and Our inspiration. Then, when Our command comes and the volcano erupts, then you shall take on the Ship two from every pair and your family, except for those of them upon whom the word has come. And do not address Me regarding those who have done wrong, for they will be drowned.”
28. So when you and those who are with you have embarked on the ship, then say: “All praise is due to God who has saved us from the wicked people.”
29. And say: “My Lord, cause me to embark upon a blessed place, for You are the best for those who embark.”
30. In this are signs, and We will always test.
31. Then We raised after them a different generation.
32. So We sent a messenger to them from amongst them: “Serve God, you have no other god besides Him. Will you not take heed?”
33. And the leaders from amongst his people who rejected and denied the meeting of the Hereafter; and We indulged them in this worldly life said: “What is this but a human like you? He eats from what you eat and he drinks from what you drink.”
34. “And if you obey a human like you, then you are will indeed be losers.”
35. “Does he promise you that if you die and become dust and bones that you will be brought out?”
36. “Far fetched is what you are being promised.”
37. “There is nothing but our worldly life, we die and we live, and we will not be resurrected.”
38. “He is but a man who has invented a lie against God, and we will not believe in him.”
39. He said: “My Lord, grant me victory for what they denied me.”
40. He said: “In a little while they will be in regret.”
41. So the scream took them with justice, and We made them as dead plants. So away with the wicked people.
42. Then We raised after them different generations.
43. No nation can hasten its appointed time, nor can it delay.
44. Then We sent Our messengers in succession. Every time there came to a nation their messenger, they denied him. So We made them follow one another, and We made them history. So away with a people who do not believe!
45. Then We sent Moses and his brother Aaron with Our signs and a clear authority.
46. To Pharaoh and his leaders. But they became arrogant, for they were a high and mighty people.
47. So they said: “Shall we believe to two humans like us, while their people are in service to us?”
48. So they denied them, and they became of those who were destroyed.
49. And We have given Moses the Scripture, so that they may be guided.
50. And We made the son of Mary and his mother a sign, and We gave them refuge on high ground, a place for resting and with a flowing stream.
51. “O messengers, eat from what is good, and do righteous work. I am aware of what you do.”
52. “And this is your nation, one nation, and I am your Lord so be aware.”
53. But the affair was disputed between them into pieces. Every group happy with what it had.
54. So leave them in their error until a time.
55. Do they not think why We are extending them with wealth and children?
56. We are quick to give them the good things. But they do not perceive.
57. As for those who are in reverence from the awe of their Lord.
58. And they believe in the revelations of their Lord.
59. And they do not set up anything with their Lord.
60. And they give of what they were given, and they hearts full of reverence that they will return to their Lord.
61. These are the ones who race in doing good, and they are the first to it.
62. And We do not burden a soul except with what it can bare. And We have a record that speaks with the truth, they will not be wronged.
63. No, their hearts are covered from this! And they have deeds besides this which they are doing.
64. Until We take their carefree people with the retribution, then they will shout for help.
65. Do not shout for help today, for you will not be helped against Us.
66. My revelations were recited to you, but you used to turn back on your heels.
67. You were too proud from it, talking evil about it; and you defiantly disregarded him.
68. Did they not ponder the words, or has what come to them not come to their fathers of old?
69. Or did they not know their messenger? For they are in denial of him.
70. Or do they say that there is a madness in him? No, he has come to them with the truth, but most of them are hateful of the truth.
71. And if the truth were to follow their desires, then the heavens and earth and all who are in them would have been corrupted. No, We have come to them with their reminder, but from their reminder they are turning away.
72. Or do you ask them for a wage? The wage of your Lord is best, and He is the best of providers.
73. And you are inviting them to a Straight Path.
74. And those who do not believe in the Hereafter, they are deviating away from the path.
75. And if We were to have mercy on them and remove what distress was upon them, they would still return to persist in their transgression, wandering blindly.
76. And when We seized them with the punishment, they did not humble themselves to their Lord nor did they invoke Him.
77. Until We open for them a door of immense retribution, then they become in sorrow and despair.
78. And He is the One who established for you the hearing, and the sight, and the hearts. Little do you give thanks.
79. And He is the One who multiplied you on the earth, and to Him you will be returned.
80. And He is the One who gives life and brings death, and to Him is the alteration of the night and the day. Do you not comprehend?
81. No, they have said the same as what the people of old had said.
82. They said: “If we are dead and become dust and bones, will we then be resurrected?”
83. “We, as well as our fathers, have been promised this from before. This is nothing but the tales of the ancients.”
84. Say: “To whom is the earth and whosoever is in it if you know?”
85. They will say: “To God” Say: “Will you then not remember!”
86. Say: “Who is the Lord of the seven heavens and the Lord of the great throne?”
87. They will say: “To God.” Say: “Will you then not take heed?”
88. Say: “In whose hand is the sovereignty of all things, and He protects while there is no protector against Him, if you know?”
89. They will say: “To God.” Say: “Then why are you deceived?”
90. No, We have come to them with the truth, and they are truly liars.
91. God has not taken a son, nor is there with Him any god. If it were so, then every god would have taken what He created and they would have tried to overtake each other. God be glorified against what they describe!
92. The knower of the unseen and the seen. Be He exalted above what they set up.
93. Say: “My Lord, if only You would show me what they are promised.”
94. “My Lord, do not leave me amongst the wicked people.”
95. And We are able to show you what We promise them.
96. Pursue evil with that which is better. We are better aware of what they describe.
97. And say: “My Lord, I seek refuge with you from the whispers of the devils.”
98. “And I seek refuge with you O Lord that they should come near.”
99. Until death comes to one of them, he says: “My Lord, send me back.”
100. “So that I may do good in that which I have left behind.” No, it is but a word he is speaking. And there is a barrier to prevent them from going back until the day they are all resurrected.
101. So when the horn is blown, then there will be no kinship between them on that day, nor will they ask for one another.
102. So, those whose weight is heavy on the scales, then those are the successful ones.
103. And those whose weight is light on the scales, those are the ones who lost their souls, in Hell they will abide.
104. The Fire will scorch their faces, and in it their grin will be with displaced lips.
105. “Were My revelations not recited to you, then you denied them?”
106. They said: “Our Lord, our wickedness overcame us, and we were a misguided people.”
107. “Our Lord, bring us out of it, and if we return to this then we are wicked.”
108. He said: “Be humiliated therein and do not speak to Me.”
109. There was a groups from among My servants who used to say: “Our Lord, we have believed, so forgive us, and have mercy upon us, for you are the best of those who show mercy.”
110. But you mocked them, so much so that they made you forget My remembrance, and you used to laugh at them.
111. I have rewarded them today for their patience, they are indeed the winners.
112. Say: ”How long have you stayed on earth in terms of years?”
113. They said: “We remained for a day, or for part of a day. So ask those who kept count.”
114. He said: “You have remained for very little, if you knew.”
115. “Did you think that We have created you without purpose, and that you would not return to Us?”
116. So, exalted is God, the true King, there is no god but He, the Lord of the supreme throne.
117. And whosoever calls on another god with God when he has no proof for such, then his judgment is with his Lord. The rejecters will never succeed.
118. And say: “My Lord, forgive and have mercy, and you are the best of those who are merciful.”
In the name of God, the Almighty, the Most Merciful
1. A chapter which We have sent down and imposed, and We have sent down in it clear revelations that you may remember.
2. The adulteress and the adulterer, you shall lash each of them one hundred lashes, and do not let any pity take you over God’s system if you believe in God and the last day. And let a group of the believers witness their punishment.
3. The adulterer will only marry an adulteress or one who is an idolatress. And the adulteress, she will only be married to an adulterer or an idolater. And this has been forbidden for the believers.
4. And those who accuse the independent women and they do not bring forth four witnesses, then you shall lash them eighty lashes and do not ever accept their testimony. Those indeed are the evildoers.
5. Except those who repent after this and do right, then God is Forgiving, Merciful.
6. And those who accuse their wives, but they have no witnesses except for themselves, then the testimony of one of them is to be equivalent to that of four witnesses if he is swearing by God that he is being truthful.
7. And the fifth shall be God’s curse upon him if he is one of those lying.
8. And the punishment will be averted from her if she testifies four times by God that he is of the liars.
9. And the fifth shall be that God’s curse is upon her if he is speaking the truth.
10. All this is from God’s favour upon you and His mercy. And God is Forgiving, Wise.
11. Those who have brought forth the accusation were a group amongst you. Do not think it is bad for you, for it is good for you. Every person amongst them will have what he deserves of the sin. And as for he who had the greatest portion of it, he will have a great retribution.
12. If only when you heard it the believing men and women should have thought good of their own selves and said: “This is an obvious lie!”
13. If only they had brought four witnesses to it. If they did not have the witnesses, then these with God are the liars.
14. And had it not been for God’s favour upon you and His mercy upon you in this world and the Hereafter, a great retribution would have touched you for what you have spoken.
15. For you have cast it with your tongues, and you say with your mouths what you have no knowledge of, and you think it is a minor issue, while with God it was great.
16. And when you heard it you said: “It was not right for us to speak of this. Glory to You, this is a great lie.”
17. God warns you not to repeat something similar to this ever, if you are believers.
18. And God clarifies for you the revelations; and God is Knower, Wise.
19. As for those who enjoy that immorality spreads amongst those who have believed, they will have a painful retribution in the world and the Hereafter. And God knows while you do not know.
20. And all this is from God’s favour upon you and His mercy. And God is Compassionate, Merciful.
21. O you who believe, do not follow the footsteps of the devil. And whosoever follows the footsteps of the devil should know that he advocates immorality and evil. And had in not been for God’s favour upon you and His mercy, not one of you would have ever been purified, but God purifies whom He wishes, and God is Hearer, Knower.
22. And let not those amongst you who have been blessed with abundance refuse to give to the relatives, and the needy, and those who have immigrated in the cause of God. Let them pardon and forgive. Would you not like God to forgive you? And God is Forgiving, Merciful.
23. Those who accuse the independent chaste believing women, they will be cursed in this world and the Hereafter, and they will have a painful retribution.
24. On the day when their tongues, and their hands, and their feet will bear witness against them for what they used to do.
25. On that day, God will pay them what they are owed in full, and they will know that God is the Truth Manifested.
26. The wicked women are for the wicked men, and the wicked men are for the wicked women, and the good women are for the good men, and the good men are for the good women. These people are innocent from what statements have been made, and for them is forgiveness and a generous provision.
27. O you who believe, do not enter any homes except your own unless you are invited and you greet the people in them. This is best for you, perhaps you will remember.
28. But, if you do not find anyone in them then do not enter until you are given permission. And if you are told to go back, then return for it is purer for you. And God is aware of what you do.
29. There is no sin upon you that you enter homes which are uninhabited if in them there are belongings of yours. And God knows what you reveal and what you conceal.
30. Tell the believing men to lower their gaze and keep covered their private parts, for that is purer for them. God is fully aware of what you do.
31. And tell the believing women to lower their gaze and keep covered their private parts, and that they should not show-off their beauty except what is apparent, and let them place their covers over their chests. And let them not show-off their beauty except to their husbands, or their fathers, or fathers of their husbands, or their sons, or the sons of their husbands, or their brothers, or the sons of their brothers, or the sons of their sisters, or their children that come after them, or those who are still their dependants, or the male servants who are without need, or the child who has not yet understood the composition of women. And let them not move their hips in a manner that reveals what they are keeping hidden of their beauty. And repent to God all of you believers that you may succeed.
32. And marry off those among you that are single, and the good from among your male and female servants. If they are poor, then God will grant them from His grace. And God is Encompassing, Knowledgeable.
33. And let those who are not able to marry continue to be chaste until God enriches them of His Bounty. And if those who are still dependants seek marriage, then marry them off if you find that they are ready And give them from the wealth of God which He has bestowed upon you. And do not force your daughters into marriage when they have desired independence, in order that you may make a gain in the goods of this worldly life. But if anyone compels them, then for their compulsion, God is Forgiving, Merciful.
34. And We have sent down to you clarifying revelations and an example of those who came before you and a lesson for the righteous.
35. God is the light of heavens and earth. The example of His light is as a concave mirror within a lamp, the lamp is within a glass, the glass is like a shining planet which is lit from a blessed olive tree that is neither of the east nor of the west, its oil nearly gives off light even if not touched by fire. Light upon light, God guides to His light whom He pleases. And God strikes the examples for mankind, and God is aware of all things.
36. In Temples that God has allowed to be raised and His name mentioned in them. He is glorified therein in the morning and the evening.
37. Men who are not distracted by trade or sale from the remembrance of God, and establishing the assembly, and contributing towards betterment. They fear a day when the hearts and sight will be overturned.
38. God will reward them for the best of what they did, and He will increase them from His grace. And God provides for whom He pleases without any price.
39. As for those who reject, their works are like a mirage in the desert. A thirsty person thinks it is water, until he reaches it, he finds it is nothing; and he finds God there and He pays him his due, and God is swift in judgment.
40. Or like the darkness in a deep ocean in the midst of violent waves, with waves upon waves and dark clouds. Darkness upon darkness, if he brings out his own hand, he could barely see it. And for whomever God does not make a light, he will have no light.
41. Do you not see that everything in the heavens and the earth glorifies God? Even the birds in formation, each knows its assembly and its glorification. And God is fully aware of everything they do.
42. And to God is the sovereignty of the heavens and the earth, and to God is the final destiny.
43. Do you not see that God drives the clouds, then He gathers them together, then He piles them upon each other, then you see the soft rain coming out of them? And He sends down hail from the sky from the mountains to afflict whomever He wills, and He diverts it from whomever He wills. The brightness of the snow almost blinds the eyes.
44. God rotates the night and the day. In that is a lesson for those who have insight.
45. And God created every moving creature from water. So some of them move on their bellies, and some walk on two legs, and some walk on four. God creates whatever He wills. God is capable of all things.
46. We have sent down to you clarifying revelations, and God guides whoever He wills to a straight path.
47. And they say: “We believe in God and in the messenger, and we obey,” but a group of them turn away after that. These are not believers.
48. And if they are invited to God and His messenger to judge between them, a party of them turn away.
49. However, if the judgment is in their favour, they come to it willingly with submission!
50. Is there a disease in their hearts, or are they doubtful? Or do they fear that God and His messenger would wrong them in the judgment? In fact, they are the wrong doers.
51. The utterance of the believers when they are invited to God and His messenger to judge in their affairs is to say: “We hear and obey.” These are the winners.
52. And whosoever obeys God and His messenger, and he fears God and is aware of Him, then these are the winners.
53. And they swear by God with their strongest oaths that if you would only command them they would mobilize. Say: “Do not swear, for obedience is an obligation. God is Expert over what you do.”
54. Say: “Obey God, and obey the messenger.” But if they turn away, then he is only responsible for his obligation, and you are responsible for your obligations. And if you obey him, you will be guided. The messenger is only required to deliver clearly.
55. God promises those among you who believe and do good works, that He will make them successors on earth, as He made successors of those before them, and He will enable for them their system which He has approved for them, and He will substitute security for them in place of fear, that they serve Me and do not associate anything with Me. And as for those who reject after that, they are the wicked.
56. And establish the assembly and contribute towards betterment, and obey the messenger, that you may attain mercy.
57. Do not think that those who disbelieve will remain in the land. Their abode is Hell. What a miserable destiny!
58. O you who believe, let those who are your dependants and have not yet attained puberty request your permission regarding three times: “Before the Dawn assembly, and during the noon-time when you put-off your outer garments, and after the Evening assembly.” These are three private times for you. Other than these times, it is not wrong for you or them to invite or visit others. God thus clarifies the revelations for you. And God is Knowledgeable, Wise.
59. And when the children among you reach puberty, then they must still seek both your permission like those who were before them did also. God thus clarifies His revelations for you. And God is Knowledgeable, Wise.
60. And the women who are past child bearing and who do not seek to get married have no sin upon them if they abandon their outer garments, provided they are not adorned for beauty. And if they remain as they were, then it is better for them. God is Hearer, Knower.
61. There is no blame upon the blind, nor is there any blame upon the crippled, nor is there any blame upon the ill, nor is there any blame upon yourselves, if you eat at your homes, or the homes of your fathers, or the homes of your mothers, or the homes of your brothers, or the homes of your sisters, or the homes of your uncles, or the homes of your aunts, or the homes of your mothers’ brothers, or the homes of your mothers’ sisters, or the homes that belong to you and you possess their keys, or the homes of your friends. You commit nothing wrong by eating together or as individuals. When you enter any home, you shall greet each other a greeting from God that is blessed and good. God thus explains the revelations for you that you may understand.
62. The believers are those who believe in God and His messenger, and when they are with him in a community meeting, they do not leave him without permission. Those who ask permission are the ones who do believe in God and His messenger. If they ask your permission, in order to tend to some of their affairs, you may grant permission to whomever you wish, and ask God to forgive them. God is Forgiver, Most Merciful.
63. Do not let the calling of the messenger between you be as if you are calling each other. God is fully aware of those among you who slip away under lame excuses. Let those who oppose his command beware, for an ordeal may strike them, or a severe retribution.
64. Certainly, to God belongs all that is in the heavens and the earth. Surely, He knows what your condition is; and on the day when they are returned to Him, He will inform them of everything they had done. God is aware of all things.
In the name of God, the Almighty, the Most Merciful
1. Blessed is the One who sent down the Statute Book to His servant, so he can be a warner to the world.
2. The One to whom belongs the sovereignty of the heavens and the earth, and He did not take a son, and He does not have any partner in the kingship. And He created everything and measured it precisely.
3. And they took besides Him gods that do not create anything and are themselves created! And they do not possess for themselves any harm or benefit, nor do they possess death or life, nor resurrection.
4. And those who rejected said: “This is but a falsehood that he invented and other people have helped him with it, for they have come with what is wrong and fabricated.”
5. And they said: “Tales of the people of old, he wrote them down while they were being dictated to him morning and night.”
6. Say: “It was sent down by the One who knows the secrets in the heavens and the earth. He is always Forgiving, Merciful.”
7. And they said: “What is with this messenger that he eats the food and walks in the market places? If only an Angel were sent down to him so that he would jointly be a warner.”
8. “Or that a treasure is given to him, or that he has a garden that he eats from.” And the wicked said: “You are but following a man bewitched!”
9. See how they stated the examples for you, for they have strayed, and they cannot find a path.
10. Blessed is the One who if He wishes can make for you better than that. Gardens with rivers flowing beneath them, and He will make for you palaces.
11. But they have denied the Hour, and We have prepared for those who deny the Hour a flaming fire.
12. When it sees them from a far place, they hear its raging and roaring.
13. And when they are cast into it from a tight place, in chains, they call out their remorse.
14. Do not call out one remorse today, but call out many remorses.
15. Say: “Is that better or the Garden of eternity that the righteous have been promised?” It is their reward and destiny.
16. In it they will have what they wish, eternally. It is upon your Lord an obligated promise.
17. And on the day when We gather them together with what they served besides God; then He will say: “Did you misguide My servants here, or did they stray from the path?”
18. They said: “Glory be to You, it was not for us to take besides You any allies; indeed You gave them and their fathers luxury until they forgot the remembrance, and they were a lost people.”
19. They have refuted what you said, so you will not find any excuse nor any victor. And whosoever has done wrong among you, We will let him taste a great retribution.
20. And We have not sent before you any messengers except that they ate the food and walked in the market places. And We have made some of you as a test for others to see if you will have patience. And your Lord was ever seeing.
21. And those who do not expect to meet Us said: “If only the Angels were sent down upon him, or that we see our Lord.” They have become arrogant in their souls, and they have produced a great blasphemy!
22. On the day they see the Angels, that is not good news for the criminals. And they will say: “Away to a room that is sealed off.”
23. And We turned to all the works that they did, and We made it dust in the wind.
24. The dwellers of Paradise on that day are in the best abode and the best destiny.
25. And on the day when the sky will be filled with clouds, and the Angels will be sent down in succession.
26. The true kingship on that day will be to the Almighty. And it is a day which will be very hard on the rejecters.
27. And that day the wrongdoer will bite on his hand and say: “I wish I had taken the path with the messenger!”
28. “Woe unto me, I wish I did not take so and so as a friend!”
29. “He has misguided me from the remembrance after it came to me. and the devil was always a betrayer of mankind!”
30. And the messenger said: “My Lord, my people have deserted this Quran.”
31. And it is such that We make for every prophet enemies from among the criminals. And your Lord suffices as a Guide and a Victor.
32. And those who rejected said: “If only the Quran was sent down to him in one go!” It was done as such so We could strengthen your heart with it, and We arranged it accordingly.
33. And for every example they come to you with, We bring you the truth and the best explanation.
34. Those who will be gathered to Hell on their faces, these are the most evil and the most strayed from the path.
35. And We gave Moses the Scripture and We made his brother Aaron a minister with him.
36. So We said: “Go both of you to the people who have denied Our signs.” So We destroyed them completely.
37. And the people of Noah, when they denied the messengers We drowned them, and We made them a sign for mankind. And We have prepared for the wicked a painful retribution.
38. And ‘Aad and Thamud and the dwellers of Arras, and many generations in between.
39. And for each We cited the examples, and each We annihilated completely.
40. And they have come upon the town that was showered with a miserable shower. Did they not see it? No, they do not expect any resurrection.
41. And if they see you they take you for a mockery: “Is this the one that God sent as a messenger?”
42. “He nearly diverted us from our gods had we not been patient for them.” They will learn when they see the retribution who is on a path most astray.
43. Have you seen the one who has taken his ego as his god? Will you be a caretaker over him?
44. Or do you think that most of them hear or understand? They are just like cattle. No, they are worse off.
45. Did you not see to your Lord how He casts the shadow? And if He wished, He could have made it still, then We would have made the sun as a guide to it.
46. Then We retract it to us a simple retraction.
47. And He is the One who made for you the night as a cover, and sleep for resting, and He made the day to move about in.
48. And He is the One who sent the winds as glad tidings between the hands of His mercy. And We sent down from the sky water which is pure.
49. So that We can revive a dead land with it and We give to drink to Our creation of many of livestock and mankind.
50. And We have distributed it among them so that they may remember, but most people refuse to be anything but rejecters.
51. And if We wish, We could send to every town a warner.
52. So do not obey the rejecters and strive against them with it in a great striving.
53. And He is the One who merges the two bodies of water. This is fresh and palatable and this is salty and bitter. And He made between them a partition and an inviolable barrier.
54. And He is the One who created humans from the water, so He made for him blood kin and mates. And your Lord is Capable.
55. And they serve besides God what does not benefit them nor harm them. And the rejecter is always set-against his Lord.
56. And We have not sent you except as a bearer of good news and a warner.
57. Say: “I have not asked you for a wage; only for whoever chooses to make a path to his Lord.”
58. And put your trust in the Eternal who does not die, and glorify His praise. It is enough for Him that He is expert in the sins of his servants.
59. The One who created the heavens and the earth and what is between them in six days, then He settled to the throne. The Almighty; so ask Him for He is Expert.
60. And if they are told: “Submit to the Almighty.” They say: “And what is the Almighty? Shall we submit to what you order us?” And it increases their aversion.
61. Blessed is the One who made towers in the sky and He made in it a lamp and a shining moon.
62. And He is the One who made the night and the day in succession, for those who wish to remember or wish to be thankful.
63. And the servants of the Almighty who walk on the earth in humility and if the ignorant speak to them, they say: “Peace.”
64. And those who stay awake for their Lord, submitting and standing.
65. And those who say: “Our Lord, avert from us the retribution of Hell. Its retribution was terrible.”
66. It is a miserable abode and dwelling.
67. And those who if they spend they do not exaggerate nor become stingy, but they are in a measure between that.
68. And those who do not call on any other god with God, nor do they kill the life that God has made forbidden except in justice, nor do they commit adultery; and whosoever does that will receive the punishment.
69. The retribution will be doubled for him on the Day of Judgment and he will abide in it eternally in disgrace.
70. Except for the one who repents and believes and does good work, for those God will replace their sins with good, and God is Forgiving, Merciful.
71. And whosoever repents and does good, then he shall repent towards God a true repentance.
72. And those who do not bear false witness, and if they pass by vein talk they pass by with dignity.
73. And those who when they are reminded of their Lord’s verses, they do not fall on them deaf and blind.
74. And those who say: “Our Lord, grant us from our mates and our progeny what will be the comfort of our eyes, and make us leaders of the righteous.”
75. These will be rewarded with a dwelling for what they have been patient for, and they will find in it a greeting and peace.
76. In it they will abide, what an excellent dwelling and position.
77. Say: “My Lord would not care about you except for your prayers. But you have denied, so it will be your destiny.”
In the name of God, the Almighty, the Most Merciful
2. These are the signs of the Scripture of clarity.
3. Perhaps you are grieving yourself that they do not become believers.
4. If We wish, We would send down for them from the heavens a sign, to which they would bend their necks in humility.
5. And not a reminder comes to them from the Almighty, except that they turn away from it.
6. They have denied, thus the news will come to them of what they used to ridicule.
7. Did they not look to the earth, how many plants We have raised in it from every good pair?
8. In that is a sign, but most of them are not believers.
9. And your Lord is the Noble, the Merciful.
10. And when your Lord called Moses: “Go to the people who are wicked.”
11. “The people of Pharaoh. Will they not be righteous?”
12. He said: “My Lord, I fear that they would deny me.”
13. “And my chest would become tight, and my tongue would not be able to express. So send for Aaron.”
14. “And they have charges of a crime against me, so I fear they will kill me.”
15. He said: “It will not be. Go both of you with Our signs. I am with you listening.”
16. “So both of you go to Pharaoh and say: “We are messengers of the Lord of the worlds”
17. “So send with us the Children of Israel””
18. He said: “Did we not raise you amongst us as a new born, and you stayed with us for many of your years?”
19. “And you did what deed you did, and you are of the rejecters.”
20. He said: “I did it, and I was of those misguided.”
21. “So I ran away from you all when I feared you. So my Lord granted me judgment, and made me of the messengers.”
22. “And that was a favour that you held against me, so you could continue to enslave the Children of Israel.”
23. Pharaoh said: “And what is the Lord of the worlds?”
24. He said: “The Lord of the heavens and the earth and all that is between them, if you are aware.”
25. He said to those around him: “Do you hear that?”
26. He said: “Your Lord and the Lord of your forefathers!”
27. He said: “This messenger of yours who has been sent to you is mad!”
28. He said: “The Lord of the east and the west, and what is between them, if you understand.”
29. He said: “If you take a god other than me, then I will put you among the prisoners.”
30. He said: “What if I brought you with proof?”
31. He said: “Then bring it forth if you are of the truthful ones.”
32. So he cast his staff, then it manifested into a serpent.
33. And he drew out his hand, then it became white to the onlookers.
34. He said to the leaders around: “This is a knowledgeable magician.”
35. “He wants to bring you out of your land with his magic. So what will you command?”
36. They said: “Delay him and his brother, and send people in the cities to gather.”
37. “They will come to you with every knowledgeable magician.”
38. So the magicians were gathered for an appointed day.
39. And it was said to the people: “You will also gather.”
40. “Perhaps we can follow the magicians if they are the winners.”
41. So when the magicians came, they said to Pharaoh: “We should be rewarded if we are the winners.”
42. He said: “Yes, and you shall also be closer to me.”
43. Moses said to them: “Cast down what it is you will cast.”
44. So they cast down their ropes and staffs and they said: “By the might of Pharaoh, we will be the winners.”
45. So Moses cast down his staff, then it was eating-up all that they showed!
46. So the magicians went down prostrating.
47. They said: “We believe in the lord of the worlds!”
48. “The Lord of Moses and Aaron.”
49. He said: “Have you believed to him before I permitted you? He is surely your great one who has taught you magic. So you shall come to know. I will cut your hands and feet from alternate sides, and I will crucify you all.”
50. They said: “There is no harm, for we are all returning to our Lord.”
51. “We hope that our Lord will forgive us our sins, as we are the first to believe.”
52. And We inspired Moses: “Take away My servants, for you will be followed.”
53. So Moses sent gatherers to the cities.
54. “These are but a small band.”
55. “And they have done what has enraged us.”
56. “And We are all assembled and forewarned.”
57. So, We evicted them out of gardens and springs.
58. And treasures and an honourable dwelling.
59. As such, We gave it to the Children of Israel.
60. So they pursued them at sunrise.
61. But when the two groups saw each other, the companions of Moses said: “We are caught!”
62. He said: “No, my Lord is with me and He will guide me.”
63. So We inspired to Moses: “Strike the sea with your staff.” So it split into two, each side like a great mountain.
64. And We then brought the others into this place.
65. And We saved Moses and all those with him.
66. Then We drowned the others.
67. In that is a sign, but most of them are not believers.
68. And your Lord is the Noble, the Merciful.
69. And recite to them the news of Abraham.
70. When he said to his father and his people: “What do you worship?”
71. They said: “We worship statues, thus we remain devoted to them.”
72. He said: “Do they hear you when you pray to them?”
73. “Or do they benefit you or harm you?”
74. They said: “No, but we found our fathers doing the same.”
75. He said: “Do you see that which you have been worshipping.”
76. “You and your fathers of old.”
77. “They are enemies to me, except for the Lord of the worlds.”
78. “The One who created me, He will guide me.”
79. “And He is the One who feeds me and gives me to drink.”
80. “And if I am sick, He is the One who cures me.”
81. “And the One who will make me die and then bring me to life.”
82. “And the One for whom I hope will forgive my faults on the Day of Judgment.”
83. “My Lord, grant me judgment and join me with the good doers.”
84. “And give me a tongue that is true for those who will follow.”
85. “And make me of the inheritors of the garden of paradise.”
86. “And forgive my father, for he was of those misguided.”
87. “And do not disgrace me on the day when they are resurrected.”
88. “The day when no money or children can help.”
89. “Except for he who comes to God with a pure heart.”
90. And Paradise was made near for the righteous.
91. And Hell was displayed for the wrongdoers.
92. And it was said to them: “Where is what you used to worship?”
93. “Without God, can they help you or help themselves?”
94. So they were thrown in it on their faces, them and the wrongdoers.
95. As well as all the soldiers of Satan.
96. They said, while they were disputing therein:
97. “By God, we were clearly misguided.”
98. “For we equated you with the Lord of the Words!”
99. “And none misled us except the criminals.”
100. “So we have none to intercede for us.”
101. “Nor a close friend.”
102. “If only we could have another chance, we would be among the believers.”
103. In that is a sign, but most of them are not believers.
104. And your Lord is the Noble, the Merciful.
105. The people of Noah disbelieved the messengers.
106. When their brother Noah said to them: “Will you not be righteous?”
107. “I am to you a trustworthy messenger.”
108. “So be aware of God and obey me.”
109. “And I do not ask you for a wage, for my reward is upon the Lord of the worlds.”
110. “So be aware of God and obey me.”
111. They said: “Shall we believe in you when the lowest type of people have followed you?”
112. He said: “And what knowledge do I have of what they used to do?”
113. “Their judgment is on my Lord, if you could know.”
114. “And I will not drive away the believers.”
115. “I am but a clear warner.”
116. They said: “If you do not cease, O Noah, you will be among those who are stoned.”
117. He said: “My Lord, my people have denied me!”
118. “So open between me and them a rift, and save me and those who are with me of the believers.”
119. So We saved him and those who were with him in the charged ship.
120. Then after that We drowned the rest.
121. In that is a sign, but most of them are not believers.
122. And your Lord is the Noble, the Merciful.
123. ‘Aad denied the messengers.
124. For their brother Hud said to them: “Will you not be righteous?”
125. “I am to you a clear messenger.”
126. “So be aware of God and obey me.”
127. “And I do not ask you for a wage, for my reward is upon God the Lord of the worlds.”
128. “Do you build on every high place a symbol in jest?”
129. “And you take for yourselves strongholds, perhaps you will live forever?”
130. “And if you attack, you strike ruthlessly?”
131. “So be aware of God and obey me.”
132. “And be aware of the One who provided you with what you know.”
133. “He provided you with livestock and shelters.”
134. “And gardens and springs.”
135. “I fear for you the retribution of a great day”
136. They said: “It is the same whether you preach or do not preach.”
137. “This is nothing but an invention by the people of old.”
138. “And we are not going to be punished.”
139. So they denied him, and We destroyed them. In that is a sign, but most are not believers.
140. And your Lord is the Noble, the Merciful.
141. Thamud denied the messengers.
142. For their brother Saleh said to them: “Will you not be righteous?”
143. “I am to you a clear messenger.”
144. “So be aware of God and obey me.”
145. “And I do not ask you for a wage, for my reward is upon God the Lord of the worlds.”
146. “Will you be left secure in that which you have here?”
147. “In gardens and springs.”
148. “And green crops and palm trees laden with fruit.”
149. “And you carve homes out of the mountains with great skill?”
150. “So be aware of God and obey me.”
151. “And do not obey the command of the carefree.”
152. “The ones who corrupt in the land and are not reformers.”
153. They said: “You are but one of those bewitched!”
154. “You are but a human being like us. So bring a sign if you are of the truthful ones.”
155. He said: “This is a female camel which will have to drink and you will drink on a specific day.”
156. “And do not afflict her with harm, else the retribution of a great day will seize you.”
157. But they slaughtered her, and they became regretful.
158. So the retribution took them. In that is a sign, but most of them are not believers.
159. And your Lord is the Noble, the Merciful.
160. The people of Lot denied the messengers.
161. For their brother Lot said to them: “Will you not be righteous?”
162. “I am to you a trustworthy messenger.”
163. “So be aware of God and obey me.”
164. “And I do not ask you for a wage for my reward is upon God the Lord of the worlds.”
165. “Do you approach the males of the worlds?”
166. “And you leave what your Lord has created for you of mates? You are an intrusive people!”
167. They said: “If you do not cease O Lot, you will be among those driven out.”
168. He said: “I am in severe opposition to your acts!”
169. “My Lord, save me and my family from what they do.”
170. So We saved him and his entire family.
171. Except for an old woman who remained.
172. Then We destroyed the others.
173. And We rained upon them a rain. Miserable was the rain to those who had been warned.
174. In that is a sign, but most of them are not believers.
175. And that your Lord is the Noble, the Merciful.
176. The dwellers of the Woods disbelieved the messengers.
177. For Shu’ayb said to them: “Will you not be righteous?”
178. “I am to you a trustworthy messenger.”
179. “So be aware of God and obey me.”
180. “And I do not ask you for a wage, for my reward is upon God the Lord of the worlds.”
181. “Give full measure and do not be of those who cause losses.”
182. “And weigh with the balance that is straight.”
183. “And do not defraud the people of their belongings, and do not venture into the land corrupting.”
184. “And be aware of the One who created you and the generations of old.”
185. They said: “You are but one of those bewitched.”
186. “And you are nothing but a human being like us, and we think you are one of those who lie.”
187. “So let pieces from the sky fall upon us if you are of those who are truthful!”
188. He said: “My Lord is most aware of what you do.”
189. But they denied him, so the retribution of the day of shadow took them. It was the retribution of a terrible day.
190. In that is a sign, but most of them are not believers.
191. And your Lord is the Noble, the Merciful.
192. And this is a revelation from the Lord of the worlds.
193. It was sent down with the trusted Spirit.
194. Upon your heart, so that you would be of the warners.
195. In a clear Arabic tongue.
196. And it is in the Psalms of old.
197. Was it not a sign for them that the scholars of the Children of Israel knew it?
198. And had We sent it down upon some of the foreigners.
199. And he read it to them, they would not have believed in it.
200. As such, We made it reach the hearts of the criminals.
201. They do not believe in it until they see the painful retribution.
202. So it will come to them suddenly, while they do not perceive it.
203. Then they will say: “Can we be given more time?”
204. Would they wish Our torment to be hastened?
205. Do you see that if We gave them luxury for years.
206. Then what they were promised came to them.
207. All they luxury they were given will not avail them.
208. And We have not destroyed any town except after having warners.
209. By way of a reminder, and We were never unjust.
210. And it is not the devils who have brought this down.
211. Nor would they, nor could they.
212. They are blocked from the knowledge.
213. So do not call upon any other god with God, else you will be with those punished.
214. And warn your closest kin.
215. And lower your wing for any who follow you of the believers.
216. Then if they disobey you, then say: “I am innocent from what you do.”
217. And put your trust in the Noble, the Merciful.
218. The One who sees you when you stand.
219. And your movements amongst those who submit.
220. He is the Hearer, the Knowledgeable.
221. Shall I inform you on whom the devils descend?
222. They descend on every sinful liar.
223. They claim to listen, but most of them are liars.
224. And the poets, are followed by the strayers.
225. Do you not see that they delve in every subject.
226. And that what they say, is not what they do!
227. Except for those who believe, and do good works, and remember God greatly, and were victorious after they were wronged. As for those who did wrong, they will know which fate they will meet.
In the name of God, the Almighty, the Most Merciful
1. T’.S. These are the signs of the Quran and a clear scripture.
2. A guide and good news to the believers.
3. Those who establish the assembly, and contribute towards betterment, and regarding the hereafter they are certain.
4. As for those who do not believe in the Hereafter, We have made their work seem pleasing to them, so they walk around blind.
5. They will have the worst retribution, and in the Hereafter they are the biggest losers.
6. And you are receiving the Quran from One who is Wise, Knowledgeable.
7. As Moses said to his family: “I have seen a fire, I will bring you from there some news or I will bring you a burning piece so that you may be warmed.”
8. So when he came to it he was called: “Blessed is the one at the fire and whoever is around it, and glory be to God, the Lord of the worlds.”
9. “O Moses, it is I God, the Noble, the Wise.”
10. “And throw down your staff.” So when he saw it vibrate as if it were a Jinn, he ran away and did not turn back. “O Moses, do not fear, for My messengers shall have no fear from Me.”
11. “Except one who transgresses, but then he replaces the evil deed with good, then I am Forgiving, Merciful.”
12. “And place your hand into your pocket; it will come out white with no blemish, one of nine signs to Pharaoh and his people.”
13. So when Our signs came to them for all to see, they said: “This is clearly magic!”
14. And they rejected them out of their souls’ transgression and arrogance. So see how it ended for the wicked.
15. And We bestowed upon David and Solomon knowledge, and they both said: “Praise be to God who preferred us over many of His believing servants.”
16. And Solomon inherited from David, and he said: “O people, we have been taught how to understand the speech of birds, and we have been given from everything. This is indeed an evident grace.”
17. And Solomon’s soldiers were gathered, comprising of humans and Jinn and birds, for they were to be spread out.
18. Until they came to a valley of ants, an ant said: “O ants, enter your homes else you will be crushed by Solomon and his soldiers while they do not notice.”
19. He then smiled, amused by what she said. And he said: “My Lord, help me to be thankful for the blessings You have bestowed upon me and upon my parents, and that I may do good work that pleases You, and admit me by your Mercy among your righteous servants.”
20. And he inspected the birds, then said: “Why do I not see the hoopoe, or is he among those absent?”
21. “I will punish him severely, or I will kill him, or he should have an evident excuse.”
22. But the hoopoe did not stay away long, then he said: “I have seen what you do not know, and I have come to you from Sheba with news which is certain.”
23. “I found them ruled by a woman, and she was given all possession, and she had a great throne.”
24. “And I found her and her people submitting to the sun instead of God! And the devil had made their work appear good to them, so he kept them away from the path, for they are not being guided.”
25. “Will they not submit to God who brings out what is hidden in the heavens and the earth, and He knows what you hide and what you declare?”
26. “God, there is no god but He, the Lord if the great throne.”
27. He said: “We will see if you are being truthful or are one of those who lie.”
28. “Take this letter of mine and deliver it to them, then withdraw from them and observe what they respond with.”
29. She said: “O leaders, a noble letter has been delivered to me.”
30. “It is from Solomon, and it reads: “In the name of God, the Almighty, the Most Merciful””
31. ““Do not be arrogant toward me and come to me surrendering””
32. She said: “O leaders, advise me in this matter of mine, for I will not take a decision until you give testimony.”
33. They said: “We are people of strength and mighty power. But the decision is yours, so see what you will command.”
34. She said: “When the kings enter a town they destroy it and make its most noble people humiliated. It is such that they do.”
35. “And I will send to them a gift, and will see with what the messengers will return.”
36. So when he came to Solomon he said: “Are you providing me with wealth? What God has provided for me is far better than what He Has given you. Now you are happy with your gift!”
37. “Return to them. For we shall come to them with soldiers the like of which they have never seen, and we will drive them out humiliated, and while they are debased.”
38. He said: “O leaders, which of you can bring me her throne before they come to me surrendering?”
39. A powerful being from among the Jinn said: “I will bring it to you before you rise from your council. For I am strong and trustworthy.”
40. And one who had knowledge from the scripture said: “I will bring it to you before you blink.” So when he saw it resting before him, he said: “This is from the grace of my Lord, so that He tests me whether I am thankful or whether I reject. As for he who is thankful, he is thankful for himself, and as for he who rejects, then my Lord is Rich, Bountiful.”
41. He said: “Disguise her throne so we may see if she will be guided or if she will be of those who are not guided.”
42. So when she came, it was said: “Is your throne like this?” She said: “It appears to be similar.” And we were given knowledge before her, and we had surrendered.
43. And she was prevented by that which she served besides God. She was of the people who were rejecters.
44. It was said to her: “Enter the palace.” So when she saw it she thought there was a pool, and she uncovered her legs. He said: “It is a palace paved with crystal.” She said: “My Lord, I have wronged myself and I surrender with Solomon to God, the Lord of the worlds.”
45. And We have sent to Thamud their brother Saleh: “You shall serve God.” But they became two disputing groups.
46. He said: “My people, why do you hasten with evil ahead of good? If you would only seek God’s forgiveness, perhaps you will receive mercy.”
47. They said: “You have an ill omen with you and with those with you.” He said: “Your ill omen is with God, but you are a people that are being tested.”
48. And in the city were nine ruffians who were causing corruption in the land, and they were not reforming.
49. They said: “Swear by God to one another that we will attack him and his family at night, and we will then say to his supporters: “We did not witness who murdered his family, and we are being truthful””
50. And they schemed a scheme and We schemed a scheme, while they did not notice.
51. So see what the result of their planning was! We destroyed them and their people together.
52. So these are their homes, ruined, for what they transgressed. In that is a sign for a people who know.
53. And We saved those who believed and were righteous.
54. And Lot, when he said to his people: “Are you committing lewdness while you can clearly see?”
55. “You are approaching the men out of lust instead of the women! No, you are an ignorant people!”
56. But the reply of his people was that they said: “Expel the family of Lot from your town, for they are a people who are being pure!”
57. So We saved him and his family, except for his wife, for We found her of those who will remain.
58. And We rained down a rain upon them. Miserable was the rain of those warned.
59. Say: “Praise be to God, and peace be upon His servants whom He Has selected.” Is God better, or that which you set up?
60. The One who created the heavens and the earth, and He sent down water from the sky for you, so We cause gardens to grow with it that are full of beauty. It is not your ability to cause the growth of its trees. Is there a god with God? No. But they are a people who ascribe equals!
61. The One who made the earth a habitat, and He made in it rivers and He made for it stabilizers, and He made between the two seas a barrier. Is there a god with God? No. But most of them do not know.
62. The One who answers the distressed when he calls Him, and He removes the ill, and He makes you successors on earth. Is there a god with God? Little do you remember!
63. The One who guides you in the darkness of the land and the sea, and He sends the winds as good news between the hands of His mercy. Is there a god with God? God be exalted above what they set up!
64. The One who initiates the creation then He returns it, and he provides for you from the sky and the land. Is there a god with God? Say: “Bring your proof if you are being truthful.”
65. Say: “None in the heavens or the earth know the unseen except God. And they do not perceive when they will be resurrected.”
66. No, they have no knowledge of the Hereafter. No, they are in doubt regarding it. No, they are blind to it.
67. And those who rejected said: “When we have become dust, as our fathers, shall we be brought out?”
68. “We have been promised this, both us and our fathers before. This is nothing but tales of the ancients!”
69. Say: “Roam the land and see how was the end of the criminals.”
70. And do not be saddened for them, and do not be distraught for what they plot.
71. And they say: “When is this promise if you are truthful?”
72. Say: “It may already upon you by some of that which you hasten.”
73. And your Lord has made favours for mankind, but most of them are not thankful.
74. And your Lord knows what is concealed in their chests and what they reveal.
75. And there is not a hidden thing in the heavens or the earth, but is in a clear record.
76. This Quran narrates to the Children of Israel most of that which they are in dispute over.
77. And it is a guidance and mercy for the believers.
78. Your Lord decides between them by His judgment. And He is the Noble, the Knowledgeable.
79. So put your trust in God, for you are clearly on the truth.
80. You cannot make the dead hear, nor can you make the deaf hear the call when they turn their backs and flee.
81. Nor can you guide the blind from their misguidance. You can only make those who believe in Our revelations hear you, for they have surrendered.
82. And when the punishment has been deserved by them, We will bring out for them a creature made of earthly material, it will speak to them that mankind have not been certain of Our revelations.
83. And the day We gather from every nation a party that denied Our revelations, then they will be driven.
84. Until they have come, He will say: “Have you denied My revelations while you had no knowledge of them? What were you doing?”
85. And the punishment was deserved by them for what they transgressed, for they did not speak.
86. Did they not see that We made the night for them to rest in, and the day to see in? In that are signs for a people who have faith.
87. And on the day when the horn is blown, then those in the heavens and the earth will be in terror except for whom God wills. And all shall come to Him humbled.
88. And you see the mountains, you think they are solid, while it is passing by like the clouds. The making of God who perfected everything. He is Expert over what you do.
89. Whoever comes with a good deed will receive better than it, and from the terror of that day they will be safe.
90. And whoever comes with the bad deed, their faces will be cast in Hell. Are you not being rewarded for what you used to do?
91. “I have been ordered to serve the Lord of this town that He Has made sacred, and to Him are all things, and I have been ordered to be of those who surrender.”
92. “And that I recite the Quran.” He who is guided is guided for himself, and for he who is misguided, say: “I am but one of the warners.”
93. Say: “Praise be to God, He will show you His signs and you will know them. And your Lord is not unaware of what you do.”
In the name of God, the Almighty, the Most Merciful
2. These are the signs of the clear Scripture.
3. We recite to you from the news of Moses and Pharaoh with truth, for a people who believe.
4. Pharaoh became mighty in the land, and he turned its people into factions, he oppressed a group of them by killing their children and raping their women. He was of those who corrupted.
5. And We wanted to help those who were oppressed in the land, and to make them leaders, and to make them the inheritors.
6. And to enable them in the land, and to show Pharaoh and Haamaan and their troops what they had feared.
7. And We inspired to Moses’ mother: “Suckle him, and if you become fearful for him, then cast him in the sea, and do not fear nor grieve. We will return him to you and We will make him of the messengers.”
8. Then the family of Pharaoh picked him up, so he would be an enemy to them and a source of sadness. Certainly, Pharaoh and Haamaan and their troops were doing wrong.
9. And Pharaoh’s wife said: “A pleasure to my eye and yours, so do not kill him, perhaps he will benefit us or we may take him as a son!”, while they did not notice.
10. And Moses’ mother’s heart became anxious, that she nearly revealed her identity. But we strengthened her heart, so that she would be of the believers.
11. And she said to his sister: “Follow his path.” So she watched him from afar, while they did not perceive.
12. And We forbade him from accepting all the nursing mothers. Then his sister said: “Shall I show you a family that can nurse him for you, and take good care of him?”
13. Thus, We returned him to his mother, so that she may be pleased and not be saddened, and to let her know that God’s promise is the truth. However, most of them do not know.
14. And when he reached his maturity and strength, We bestowed him with wisdom and knowledge. We thus reward the good doers.
15. And he entered the city unexpectedly, without being noticed by the people. He found in it two men who were fighting, one was from his own race, and the other was from his enemy’s. So the one who was from his own race called on him for help against his enemy. Moses then punched him, killing him. He said: “This is from the work of the devil; he is an enemy that clearly misleads.”
16. He said: “My Lord, I have wronged my soul, so forgive me.” He then forgave him, for He is the Forgiver, the Merciful.
17. He said: “My Lord, for what blessings you have bestowed upon me, I will never be a supporter for the criminals.”
18. So he spent the night in the city, afraid and watchful. Then the one who sought his help yesterday, was asking again for his help. Moses said to him: “You are clearly a trouble maker.”
19. But when he was about to strike their common enemy, he said: “O Moses, do you want to kill me, as you killed that person yesterday? Obviously, you wish to be a tyrant on earth; you do not wish to be of the righteous.”
20. And a man came running from the far side of the city, saying: “O Moses, the leaders are plotting to kill you, so leave immediately. I am giving you good advice.”
21. He exited the city, afraid and watchful. He said: “My Lord, save me from the wicked people.”
22. And as he traveled towards Midyan, he said: “Perhaps my Lord will guide me to the right path.”
23. When he arrived at the watering hole of Midyan, he found a crowd of people watering, and he noticed two women waiting on the side. He said: “What is holding you back.” They said: “We cannot draw water until the shepherds draw back, and our father is an old man.”
24. So he drew water for them, then he turned to a shaded area, and he said: “My Lord, I am poor, lacking any provisions You may have sent down.”
25. So one of the two women approached him, shyly, and said: “My father invites you to reward you for watering for us.” So when he came to him, and told him his story, he said: “Do not fear, for you have been saved from the wicked people.”
26. One of the two women said: “O my father, hire him. For the best to be hired is one who is strong and honest.”
27. He said: “I wish you to marry one of my two daughters, on condition that you work for me through eight pilgrimage periods; if you complete them to ten, it will be voluntary on your part. I do not wish to make this matter too difficult for you. You will find me, God willing, of the righteous.”
28. He said: “It is then an agreement between me and you. Whichever period I fulfill, you will not be averse to either one. And God is entrusted over what we said.”
29. So when Moses fulfilled his obligation, he was traveling with his family and he saw a fire from the slope of the mount. He said to his family: “Stay here. I have seen a fire. Perhaps I can bring to you news from there, or a portion of the fire to warm you.”
30. When he reached it, he was called from the tree at the edge of the right side of the valley on the blessed ground: “O Moses, it is Me, God, the Lord of the worlds.”
31. “Now, throw down your staff.” So when he saw it shake as if it were a reptile, he turned around to flee and did not return. “O Moses, come forward and do not be afraid. You are of those who are safe.”
32. “Place your hand into your pocket. It will come out white without any mark, and fold your hand close to your side against fear. These are two proofs from your Lord, to Pharaoh and his leaders. They have been a wicked people.”
33. He said: “My Lord, I have killed a person from them, so I fear that they will kill me.”
34. “And my brother Aaron is more eloquent in speech than I. So send him with me to help and to confirm me. For I fear that they will deny me.”
35. He said: “We will strengthen you with your brother, and We will provide you both with authority. Thus, they will not be able to touch either one of you. With Our signs, the two of you, along with those who follow you, will be the victors.”
36. So when Moses went to them with Our clear signs, they said: “This is nothing but fabricated magic; nor did we hear of this from our fathers of old!”
37. And Moses said: “My Lord is fully aware of who has brought the guidance from Him, and who will have the best deal in the Hereafter. The wicked never succeed.”
38. And Pharaoh said: “O you leaders, I have not known of any god for you other than me. Therefore, O Haamaan, fire-up the bricks and build me a platform, so perhaps I may take a look at the god of Moses! And I am certain he is a liar.”
39. And he and his troops were arrogant in the land without any right, and they thought that they would not be returned to Us.
40. So We took him and his troops, and We cast them into the sea. So see how was the end of the wicked!
41. We made them role models for inviting to the Fire. And on the day of resurrection, they will not be supported.
42. And We made them followed by a curse in this world, and on the day of resurrection they will be despised.
43. We have given Moses the Scripture after We had destroyed the earlier generations, as an example for mankind and a guidance and mercy, perhaps they will take heed.
44. You were not on the western side of the mount when We decreed the command to Moses. You were not a witness.
45. But We established many generations, and many ages passed them by. And you were not living among the people of Midyan, reciting our revelations to them. But we did send messengers.
46. Nor were you on the slope of the mount when We called. But it is mercy from your Lord, so that you may warn a people who received no warner before you, perhaps they may take heed.
47. Thus, if any disaster strikes them as a consequence of their own deeds they cannot say: “Our Lord, if only You sent a messenger to us, so that we would follow Your revelations, and we would be of the believers.”
48. But when the truth came to them from Us, they said: “If only he was given what was given to Moses!” Did they not reject what was given to Moses before? They said: “Two magicians assisting one another.” And they said: “We reject all these things.”
49. Say: “Then bring forth a scripture from God that is better in guidance so I may follow it, if you are truthful.”
50. But if they fail to respond to you, then know that they follow only their desires. And who is more astray than one who follows his desire, without guidance from God? God does not guide the wicked people.
51. And We have delivered the message, perhaps they may take heed.
52. Those whom We gave the scripture to before this, they will believe in it.
53. And if it is recited to them, they say: “We believe in it. It is the truth from our Lord. Indeed, we had surrendered before it.”
54. To these We grant twice the reward for that they have been patient. And they counter evil with good, and from Our provisions to them, they give.
55. And if they come across vain talk, they disregard it and say: “To us are our deeds, and to you is your deeds. Peace be upon you. We do not seek the ignorant.”
56. You cannot guide whom you love. But it is God who guides whom He wills; and He is fully aware of those who receive the guidance.
57. And they said: “If we follow the guidance with you, we will be deposed from our land.” Did we not establish for them a Sacred Sanctuary, to which all kinds of fruits are offered, as a provision from us? Indeed, most of them do not know.
58. And how many a town have We destroyed for turning unappreciative of their lives. So here are their homes, nothing but uninhabited ruins after them, except a few. We were the inheritors.
59. And your Lord never annihilates any community without sending a messenger to its capital, to recite Our revelations to them. And We never annihilate any community, unless its people are wicked.
60. And anything that is given to you is only the material of this world, and its glitter. And what is with God is far better, and everlasting. Do you not comprehend?
61. Is one whom We promised a good promise, and it will come to pass, equal to one whom We provided with the goods of this life, then on the day of resurrection he is of those who will suffer?
62. And on the day when He calls upon them, saying: “Where are My partners whom you used to claim?”
63. Those who have deserved the retribution will say: “Our Lord, these are the ones we misled; we misled them only because we ourselves were misled. We seek to absolve ourselves to You, it was not us that they worshipped.”
64. And it will be said: “Call upon your partners,” but they will not respond to them. And they will see the retribution. If only they were guided!
65. On that day, He will ask them and say: “What was the answer you gave to the messengers?”
66. They will be shocked by the news on that day, they will be speechless.
67. As for the one who repents, believes, and does good works; perhaps he will be with the winners.
68. And your Lord creates what He wills, and He chooses; it is not for them to choose. Glory be to God, He is far above the partners they set up.
69. And your Lord knows what is concealed in their chests and what they declare.
70. And He is God, there is no god but He. To Him belongs all praise in the first and in the last, and judgment belongs with Him, and to Him you will be returned.
71. Say: “Have you noted: what if God made the night eternal, until the day of resurrection? Which god, other than God, can bring you with light? Do you not listen?”
72. Say: “Have you noted: what if God made the daylight eternal, until the day of resurrection? Which god, other than God, can provide you with a night for your rest? Do you not see?”
73. And from His mercy is that He created for you the night and the day, in order to rest in it, and that you may seek of His provisions. And perhaps you may be appreciative.
74. And the day He will call them and say: “Where are My partners whom you had claimed?”
75. And We will extract from every nation a witness, then We will say: “Bring forth your proof.” They will then realise that all truth belongs with God, and what they had invented will abandon them.
76. Qaaroon was from among Moses’ people, but he betrayed them. And We gave him such treasures that the keys thereof were almost too heavy for the strongest person. His people said to him: “Do not become too happy, for God does not like such kind of joy.”
77. “And seek with the provisions bestowed upon you by God and the abode of the Hereafter, and do not forget your share in this world, and do good as God has done good to you. And do not seek corruption in the land. God does not like the corruptors.”
78. He said: “I have attained all this only because of my own knowledge.” Did he not realise that God has annihilated before him generations that were much stronger than he, and greater in riches? The transgressors were not asked about their crimes.
79. Then he came out among his people draped in his ornaments. Those who preferred this worldly life said: “Oh, if only we were given similar to what Qaaroon has been given. Indeed, he is very fortunate.”
80. And those who were blessed with knowledge said: “Woe to you! The reward from God is far better for those who believe and do good works. And none attains this except the steadfast.”
81. We then caused the earth to swallow him and his mansion. He had no group that could protect him against God; nor would he be victorious.
82. And those who wished they were in his place the day before said: “Indeed it is God Who provides or restricts for whomever He chooses from among His servants. Had it not been for God’s grace towards us, He could have caused the earth to swallow us as well. We now realise that the rejecters never succeed.”
83. This will be the abode of the Hereafter; We reserve it for those who do not seek prestige on earth, nor corruption. And the end belongs to the righteous.
84. Whoever brings forth a good deed, he will receive a better reward than it. And whoever brings forth a sin then the retribution for their sins will be to the extent of their deeds.
85. Surely, the One who decreed the Quran for you will summon you to a predetermined appointment. Say: “My Lord is fully aware of who it is that brings the guidance, and who has gone astray.”
86. Nor did you expect this scripture to come your way; but this is a mercy from your Lord. Therefore, you shall not side with the rejecters.
87. Nor shall you be diverted from God’s revelations, after they have come to you. And invite to your Lord. And do not be of those who set up partners.
88. And do not call besides God any god, there is no god but He. Everything will fade away except His presence. To Him is the judgment, and to Him you will be returned.
In the name of God, the Almighty, the Most Merciful
2. Did the people think that they will be left to say: “We believe” without being put to the test?
3. While We had tested those before them, so that God would know those who are truthful and so that He would know the liars.
4. Or did those who sinned think that they would be ahead of Us? Miserable indeed is their judgment!
5. Whosoever looks forward to meeting God, then God’s meeting will come. And He is the Hearer, the Knowledgeable.
6. And whosoever strives then he is only striving for himself; for God is in no need of the world.
7. And those who believed and did good works, We will cancel their sins and We will reward them in the best for what they did.
8. And We instructed the human to be good to his parents. But if they strive to make you set up partners with Me, then do not obey them. To Me are all your destinies, and I will inform you of what you used to do.
9. And those who believed and did good works, We will admit them with the righteous.
10. And from among the people are those who say: “We believe in God,” but if he is harmed in the sake of God, he equates the persecution inflicted by the people with God’s punishment. And if a victory comes from your Lord, he says: “We were with you!” Is God not fully aware of what is in the chests of the worlds?
11. God is fully aware of those who believed, and He is fully aware of the hypocrites.
12. And those who rejected said to those who believed: “Follow our path and we will carry your sins.” But they cannot carry anything from their sins, they are liars!
13. They will carry their own burdens as well as burdens with their burdens, and they will be asked on the day of resurrection regarding what they fabricated.
14. And We had sent Noah to his people, so he stayed with them one thousand years less fifty lunar years. Then the flood took them while they were wicked.
15. So We saved him and the people on the ship, and We made it a sign for the world.
16. And Abraham when he said to his people: “Serve God and be aware of Him, that is better for you if you knew.”
17. “You are but worshipping idols besides Him, and you are creating fabrications. Those that you worship besides God do not possess for you any provisions, so seek with God the provision and serve Him and be thankful to Him; to Him you will return.”
18. And if you disbelieve, then nations before you have also disbelieved. The messenger is only required to deliver clearly
19. Did they not observe how God initiates the creation then He returns it? All that for God is easy to do.
20. Say: “Roam the earth and observe how the creation was initiated. Thus God will establish the final creation. God is capable of all things.”
21. God will punish whom He wills and He will have mercy on whom He wills, and to Him you will return.
22. And you will not be able to escape this fact, on earth or in the heavens, nor do you have besides God any ally or victor.
23. And those who rejected God’s revelations and in meeting Him, they have forsaken My mercy, and they will have a painful retribution.
24. But the only response from his people was their saying: “Kill him, or burn him.” But God saved him from the fire. In this are signs for a people who believe.
25. And he said: “You have taken idols besides God in order to preserve some friendship among you in this worldly life. But then, on the day of resurrection, you will disown one another, and curse one another. Your destiny is Hell, and you will have no victors.”
26. Thus, Lot believed with him and said: “I am emigrating to my Lord. He is the Noble, the Wise.”
27. And We granted him Isaac and Jacob, and We made within his progeny the prophethood and the scripture. And We gave him his reward in this world, and in the Hereafter he is among the righteous.
28. And Lot, when he said to his people: “You commit a lewdness that no others in the world have done before!”
29. “You sexually approach men, and you cut off the lineage, and you bring all vice to your society” But the only response from his people was to say: “Bring us God’s retribution, if you are being truthful!”
30. He said: “My Lord, grant me victory over the wicked people.”
31. And when Our messengers came to Abraham with good news, they said: “We are to destroy the people of this town, for its people have been wicked.”
32. He said: “But Lot is in it!” They said: “We are fully aware of who is in it. We will save him and his family, except his wife; she is of those doomed.”
33. Thus when Our messengers came to Lot, they were mistreated, and he was embarrassed towards them. And they said: “Do not fear, and do not be saddened. We will save you and your family, except for your wife; she is of those doomed.”
34. “We will send down upon the people of this town an affliction from the heaven, as a consequence of their wickedness.”
35. And We left part of it as a clear sign for a people who understand.
36. And to Midian was their brother Shu’ayb. He said: “O my people, serve God and seek the Last Day, and do not roam the earth corrupting.”
37. But they denied him, thus the earthquake took them; they were then left dead in their homes.
38. And ‘Aad and Thamud. Much was made apparent to you from their dwellings. The devil had adorned their works in their eyes, thus he diverted them from the path, even though they could see.
39. And Qaaroon, and Pharaoh, and Haamaan; Moses went to them with clear proofs. But they became arrogant in the land, and they were not the first.
40. We took each by his sins. Some of them We sent upon him violent winds, some of them were taken by the scream, some of them We caused the earth to swallow, and some of them We drowned. God is not the One who wronged them; it is they who wronged themselves.
41. The example of those who take allies besides God is like the spider how it makes a home; and the weakest home is the home of the spider, if they only knew.
42. God knows that what they are calling on besides Him is nothing. He is the Noble, the Wise.
43. Such are the examples We cite for the people, but none comprehend them except the knowledgeable.
44. God created the heavens and the earth, with truth. In that is a sign for the faithful.
45. Recite what is inspired to you of the Scripture, and establish the assembly; for the assembly prohibits evil and vice, and the remembrance of God is the greatest. God knows everything you do.
46. And do not argue with the people of the scripture except in the nicest manner, except for those who are wicked amongst them, and say: “We believe in what was revealed to us and in what was revealed to you, and our god and your god is the same; to Him we surrender.”
47. And as such, We have sent down to you the Scripture. Thus, those whom We have given the scripture will believe in it. Also, some of your people will believe in it. The only ones who mock Our revelations are the rejecters.
48. You were not reciting any scripture before this, nor did you write one with your own hand. In that case, the doubters would have had reason.
49. In fact, it is a clear revelation in the chests of those who have been given knowledge. And it is only the wicked doubt Our revelations.
50. And they said: “If only signs would come down to him from his Lord!” Say: “All signs are with God, and I am but a clear warner.”
51. Is it not enough for them that We have sent down to you the Scripture, being recited to them? In that is a mercy and a reminder for people who believe.
52. Say: “God is enough as a witness between me and you. He knows what is in the heavens and the earth. As for those who believe in falsehood and reject God, they are the losers.”
53. And they hasten you for the retribution! If it were not for a predetermined appointment, the retribution would have come to them. It will come to them suddenly, when they do not expect.
54. They hasten you for the retribution; while Hell surrounds the rejecters.
55. The day will come when the retribution overwhelms them, from above them and from beneath their feet; and He will say: “Taste the results of what you used to do!”
56. O My servants who believed, My land is spacious, so serve Me.
57. Every soul will taste death, then to Us you will be returned.
58. And those who believe and do good work, We will settle them in mansions in Paradise, with rivers flowing beneath. Eternally they abide therein. Excellent is the reward for the workers.
59. They are the ones who were patient, and put their trust in their Lord.
60. Many a creature does not carry its provision; God provides for it, as well as for you. He is the Hearer, the Knowledgeable.
61. And if you ask them: “Who created the heavens and the earth, and put the sun and the moon in motion?” They will say: “God.” Why then did they deviate?
62. God expands the provision for whomever He chooses from among His servants, and withholds it. God is fully aware of all things.
63. And if you ask them: “Who sends down water from the sky, thus reviving the land after its death?” They will say: “God,” say: “Praise be to God.” But most of them do not understand.
64. This worldly life is no more than a distraction and an illusion, while the abode of the Hereafter is the reality, if they only knew.
65. When they ride on a ship, they call on God, devoting the system to Him. But as soon as He saves them to the shore, they set up partners.
66. Let them reject what We have given them, and let them enjoy; for they will come to know.
67. Have they not seen that We have established a Sacred Sanctuary, while all around them the people are in constant danger? Would they still believe in falsehood, and reject God’s blessings?
68. Who is more evil than one who fabricates lies and attributes them to God, or denies the truth when it comes to him? Is there not a place in Hell for the rejecters?
69. As for those who strive in Our cause, we will guide them in Our paths. For God is with the pious.
In the name of God, the Almighty, the Most Merciful
2. The Romans have won.
3. In the lowest part of the earth. But after their victory, they will be defeated.
4. In a few more years. The decision before and after is for God, and on that day the believers will rejoice.
5. With God’s victory. God gives victory to whom He wishes; He is the Noble, the Merciful.
6. Such is God’s pledge, and God does not break His pledge, but most people do not know.
7. They only know the outside appearance of the worldly life; and regarding the Hereafter, they are ignorant.
8. Did they not reflect upon themselves? God did not create the heavens and the earth and what is between them except by truth and an appointed term. But most of the people are in denial regarding their meeting with their Lord.
9. Did they not roam the earth and see how it ended for those before them? They were more powerful than them and they cultivated the land and they built in it far more than they have built, and their messengers came to them with the proofs. God was not to wrong them, but it was they who wronged themselves.
10. Then the end of those who did evil was evil, that is because they denied God’s signs, and they used to mock them.
11. God initiates the creation, then He repeats it, then to Him you will return.
12. And the day when the Hour will be established, the criminals will be in despair.
13. And they did not have any intercessors from the partners they set up, and they will reject such partners.
14. And on the day the Hour is established, they will be separated.
15. Then as for those who believed and did good works, they will be delighted in a luxurious place.
16. And as for those who rejected and denied Our revelations and the meeting of the Hereafter, they shall be brought forth for the retribution.
17. So glory be to God when you retire and when you wake.
18. And to Him is all praise in the heavens and in the earth, and in the evening and at midday.
19. He brings the living out of the dead, and He brings the dead out of the living. And He revives the land after its death. And similarly you will be brought out.
20. And from His signs is that He created you from dust, then you become human beings spreading out.
21. And from His signs is that He created for you mates from yourselves that you may reside with them, and He placed between you affection and mercy. In that are signs for a people who reflect.
22. And from His signs are the creation of the heavens and the earth, and the difference of your languages and your colors. In that are signs for the world.
23. And from His signs is your sleep by night and day, and your seeking of His bounty. In that are signs for a people who listen.
24. And from His signs is that He shows you the lightning, by way of fear and hope, and He sends down water from the sky, and He revives the land with it after its death. In that are signs for a people who understand.
25. And from His signs is that the heavens and the earth will rise by His command. Then, when He calls you forth from the earth, you will come out.
26. And to Him is all that is in the heavens and the earth. All are subservient to Him.
27. And He is the One who initiates the creation, then He repeats it, and this is easy for Him. And to Him is the highest example in the heavens and the earth. And He is the Noble, the Wise.
28. An example is cited for you from among yourselves: are there any from among those who are still dependant that are partners to you in what provisions We have given you that you become equal therein? You fear them as you fear each other? It is such that We clarify the revelations for a people who have sense.
29. No, those who were wrong followed their desires without knowledge. So who can guide one whom God misguides? And they will have no victors.
30. So establish yourself to the system of monotheism. It is the inclination that God has nurtured the people on. There is no changing in God’s creation. Such is the pure system, but most people do not know.
31. Turn to Him, and be aware of Him, and establish the assembly, and do not be of those who set up partners.
32. Or like those who split-up their system, and they became sects, each group happy with what it had.
33. And if harm afflicts the people, they call out sincerely to their Lord. But then, when He gives them a taste of His mercy, a group of them set up partners with their Lord!
34. So as to reject what We gave them. Enjoy then, for you will come to know.
35. Or have We sent down to them a proof, which speaks to them of that which they have set up?
36. And if We grant the people a taste of mercy, they become happy with it, but if evil afflicts them for what they have done, they become in despair!
37. Did they not see that God grants the provisions for whom He wills, and He is able? In that are signs for a people who believe.
38. So give the relative his due, and the poor, and the traveller. That is best for those who seek God’s face, and they are the successful ones.
39. And any financial interest you have placed to grow in the people’s money, it will not grow with God. And any contribution that you have placed seeking His presence, then those will be multiplied.
40. God who created you, then He provided for you, then He puts you to death, then He brings you to life. Is there any among the partners you set up that can do any of this? Be He glorified and exalted above what they set up.
41. Pollution has appeared in the land and the sea by the hands of mankind for what they earned. He will make them taste some of what they have done, perhaps they will revert.
42. Say: “Roam the earth and see how the end was for those before. Most of them had set up partners.”
43. So establish yourself to the system which is straight, before a day comes from God that none can avert. On that day they shall be separated.
44. Whosoever rejects, then he will suffer his rejection; and whosoever does good works, then it is for themselves that they are preparing a good place.
45. So that He will reward those that believe and do good works from His grace. He does not love the rejecters.
46. And from His signs is that He sends the winds with glad tidings, and to give you a taste of His mercy, and so that the ships may sail by His command, and that you may seek of His bounty; perhaps you will be thankful.
47. And We have sent before you messengers to their people, so they came to them with clear proofs, then We took revenge on those who were criminals, and it is an obligation for Us to grant victory to the believers.
48. God Who sends the winds, so they raise clouds, and He spreads them in the sky as He wishes, then He breaks them into fragments, then you see the rain drops come forth from their midst. Then when He makes them fall on whomever He wills of His servants, they rejoice!
49. Even though just before He sent it down to them, they were in despair!
50. So look at the effects of God’s mercy, how He revives the land after its death. Such is the One who will revive the dead, and He is capable of all things.
51. And if We chose to send a wind and they see it turn yellow, then they will continue to be rejecters after it.
52. You cannot make the dead listen, nor can you make the deaf hear the call when they have turned their backs.
53. Nor can you enlighten the blind from their straying; but you can only make those who believe in Our revelations listen, for they have surrendered.
54. God is the One Who created you from weakness, then He made strength after the weakness, then He makes after the strength a weakness and grey hair. He creates what He wills and He is the Knowledgeable, the Able.
55. And the day the Hour is established, the criminals will swear that they have remained only for an hour! Thus they were deluded.
56. And those who were given knowledge and faith said: “You have remained according to God’s decree until the day of resurrection; so this is the day of resurrection, but you did not know.”
57. So on that day, the excuses of those who transgressed will not help them, nor will they be allowed to revert.
58. And We have cited for the people in this Quran of every example. And if you come to them with a sign, those who rejected will say: “You are bringing falsehood!”
59. It is thus that God seals the hearts of those who do not know.
60. So be patient, for God’s promise is true, and do not be dissuaded by those who do not have certainty.